Português Română
Русский සිංහල
Slovenščina Srpski
Svenska ภาษาไทย
Türkçe Українська
简体中文
Who is online? (20)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: Does anybody use LCWO on Android (with an external keyboard)?

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2021-04-12 20:16
My trusted but beaten up laptop is failing and I was wondering whether I should buy a tablet, in which case, I'd need an external keyboard. I wonder if anybody is using Android on LCWO and if you can share your experiences.

Posted: 2021-04-13 11:37
I started using a tablet (ipad), and as you say, soon you'll need a good keyboard due to the / . ? = at least. Then I moved over to an old laptop instead. I see now at 15 WPM that allready typing is a slight delay of the decoding, so at some point above 15WPM I think it might be difficult to use LCWO code groups. Depending on your keyboard speed of course.

I'm sure that any tablet will suppoert LCWO, but finding a good keyboard perhaps is more important, and not the mini-ones perhaps... (The Logi/Logitech K-800 is a very good keyboard if interested)

Posted: 2021-04-13 13:48
Helgeh:
I see now at 15 WPM that allready typing is a slight delay of the decoding, so at some point above 15WPM I think it might be difficult to use LCWO code groups. Depending on your keyboard speed of course.

Is the delay caused by the keyboard? Do you mean because it's a bluetooth/wireless or is it caused by Android?

Posted: 2021-04-13 17:26
I meant that you might need a good keyboard to be able to keep up with the fast typing, and specially with the / = ? where you need to hold shift-button at the same time. I was able to use my iPad until i reached that point (i did not use keyboard).

There are some tablet keyboards that you fold toghether, and are very flexible and slim. You might want to test them before you buy, so it fits your need for typing.

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.