Português Română
Русский සිංහල
Slovenščina Srpski
Svenska ภาษาไทย
Türkçe Українська
简体中文
Who is online? (33)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: How do you rotate between speed practices?

Back to the Forum

AuthorText
[deleted]

Posted: 2021-04-03 11:23
For those of you who have completed the 40 lessons and doing speed practices, do you rotate among them and how?

Posted: 2021-04-03 23:23
Hi oc,

I described my journey and training program in my public profile.

Rüdiger
DD5RK
[deleted]

Posted: 2021-04-04 09:11
Wow, thanks. And very clever idea of using your profile as a mini blog. I might borrow that.

And, I did think about abandoning Farnsworth. You are right. There is no Farnsworth on air. The only problem is that *real* 12 wpm is really boring to hear.

I also have the problem that I don't have a rig and, due to location problems, I can't have an aerial, but I could definitely use Websdr for copy practice.
[deleted]

Posted: 2021-04-04 09:17
And thanks for the morseninja link. This is giving me food for thought.

Posted: 2021-04-04 19:09
oc:

The only problem is that *real* 12 wpm is really boring to hear.

Yes 12wpm is for the real beginning. For me Morse code starts to get a good sound >15 wpm. I improved listening to code (words, abbreviations as described) relaxed without the goal and pressure to reach 90% and without writing.

oc:

I also have the problem that I don't have a rig and, due to location problems, I can't have an aerial, but I could definitely use Websdr for copy practice.

But you have a license?

Rüdiger
DD5RK

[deleted]

Posted: 2021-04-04 20:56
Yes, I have a UK full licence.

Posted: 2021-04-06 12:29
Hi, I have completed the 40 lessons, and are now trying to push up speed slowly. I'm trying at 20WPM/15WPM farentsworth now, and are moving from 70% to 80% successrate. But I also use Morse Code Ninja, e.g. most common words, and also callsign trainer. I have downloaded to my iPhone and play the files there. It's very nice not being in need of a computer...eg. while taking a walk.

I should add that I'm also doing the CW Ops Academy beginner course right now, to get the "push" to move forward and ensure progress. I can recommend them, either Beginner or Basic, depending on your level.

73 and good luck,
Helge.

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.