Português Română
Русский සිංහල
Slovenščina Srpski
Svenska ภาษาไทย
Türkçe Українська
简体中文
Who is online? (17)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: Technical glitch in MorseMachine?

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2021-03-18 11:09
Hello,

I was just training with the MorseMachine and noticed some difficulties. When getting asked about special characters: ? = /

What is common is, all those characters are composed by Shift, at least on a German keyboard. The characters are shown when clicking "solve (Up-Arrow), and also briefly appear in the text field, but are not accepted.

Browser: Chromium Version 88.0.4324.187 (Offizieller Build) Built on Raspbian , running on Raspbian 10 (32-Bit)

Machine: Raspberry Pi4, 4GB RAM

Keyboard and language settings: German (DE)

Posted: 2021-03-18 19:00
Hi,

I have also observed this with the "/", but only sometimes. Browser Chrome 89.0.4389.90, WIN 10, 64 Bit

Posted: 2021-03-18 20:50
Hm, would be consistent, somehow. Chromium and Chrome are more or less related, as far as I know. Tested it under Firefox ESR (machine and OS setup the same), and there it works. So seems to have something to do with Chrome/Chromium.

Posted: 2021-03-20 08:07
Hi
tried a Morsemachine session, = here on a German Keyboard working fine, Safari Version 14.0.3 (16610.4.3.1.7)

Had a problem one time with = during session must have been shift key not pressed correctly. After tht I focused shift key pressed well, no problems anymore

Gerd

Posted: 2021-03-22 12:38
I have the same problem using firefox and konqueror

Posted: 2021-03-23 07:25
No problem with firefox 86 here
Administrator

Posted: 2021-04-12 18:13
I have changed the code which takes the keyboard input for the MorseMachine a little and hope the problem with characters that require you to press "shift" to enter has been resolved now.

Please give it a try, thanks!

Fabian

Posted: 2021-04-14 18:27
tested with some "/", "=" and "?", problem has not reappeared so far

73, Ulfert

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.