Português Română
Русский සිංහල
Slovenščina Srpski
Svenska ภาษาไทย
Türkçe Українська
简体中文
Who is online? (28)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: Stop samples from playing immediately?

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2021-03-08 00:59
I'm finding that the samples starting as soon as I click play is detrimental to my study. By the time I've clicked the mouse and moved back to the keyboard, I've already missed the first letter. It would be very helpful if there was a way to insert a short silence before the first group, and/or a keyboard shortcut (like space) to play/pause the samples.

Posted: 2021-03-08 12:28
I believe there is - have you tried the 'start delay' parameter in the 'Change CW settings' menu? I have mine set to 2 seconds.

Posted: 2021-03-08 17:19
While in settings, check that you use jscwlib as well. 73

Posted: 2021-03-09 14:00
There is also a tick box to send VVV= at the start of the lesson..

The added advantage of that is that you learn V and = immediately with no effort.

Posted: 2021-03-15 19:41
M0DDR:
There is also a tick box to send VVV= at the start of the lesson..

Wow thank you! It was really helpful. Also I have changed tone frequency to random, and this dramatically dropped my accuracy from 96 to 72.

Posted: 2021-03-16 17:04
Strange thing is that dropping character speed from 25 to 20 also make the accuracy drop. Actually, any change done, expect Farensworth speed, drops the accuracy for me :) So many factors playing in, but I guess its part of the journey!

Posted: 2021-03-16 17:22
ANd its why there are a few excellent training programs (LCWO, G4FON, etc.) but arguably, no perfect one. Each has many strong features for students, but each also has something that another lacks. Wait until you add: speed dither, noise, fading, qrm, etc. all things to eventually contend with on the air. Practice, practice, variety, variety - hopefully in the long run we can contend with a lot of scenarios. Good luck.

Posted: 2021-03-16 20:13
Helge,
it is known that you need to train CW at al speeds to be able to listen to it at all speeds.

Before people started learning at low speeds and worked their way up to higher speeds, so training all speeds from low to high.

If now you start at 25 WPM then sooner or later you will need to train at lower speeds, if you want to have QSOs with real QSO partners.

Good luck & keep it up!

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.