Português Română
Русский සිංහල
Slovenščina Srpski
Svenska ภาษาไทย
Türkçe Українська
简体中文
Who is online? (31)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: Callsign Training Speed

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2021-02-05 16:02
I have set up Callsign Training at;

Character speed. 25WPM
Max and min speed. 5WPM

When I use it the callsign is sent very fast and certainly not at 5WPM. The characters come at me so fast there is no way I can follow.

It makes no difference whether or not I tick Fixed Speed.

Is this how it works?

Posted: 2021-02-05 16:39
Hi Steve,

Call sign training uses standard spacing, not Farnsworth (thank god).

No need to worry about speed settings - LCWO call sign training will adjust to your true speed at which you can copy.

Your choice to start too slow or too fast.

The beauty is that you will train without fixed speeds - if you have a good day the training will be at higher speed, and when you have a hard day copying it will adjust automatically and send slower.

So all you have to do is start and enjoy.

Gerd.

Posted: 2021-02-05 17:57
What is the point of having max and min speed settings if they are not used and speed is decided by the program?

Posted: 2021-02-05 18:15
Steve,

use max and min to give a lower and upper ceiling to speed. Say, even if you make a lot of mistakes you won't drop below a certain speed.

So set min at 1 and max at 100, start with what you think is your true speed (5?) and see where the algorithm settles your speed. Should be interesting for you.

Posted: 2021-02-05 22:29
I got it.

I misunderstood the max and mins

Thanks

Steve

Posted: 2021-02-06 07:17
Steve,

this is a very effective way to bump up your speed quickly, as you will always train at your cutting edge speed.

Don't worry about 50% errors, this is a side effect of staying at your maximum speed.

Posted: 2021-02-06 11:38
Callsign training is the most fun of all the exercises. Callsigns are not predictable like words and proverbs but still meaningful, Code groups are OK but not meaningful. I can see how I could get hooked onto this.

Posted: 2021-02-06 17:37
thanks, now I can see how it works. a good program!!

Posted: 2021-02-07 11:47
I tried the Callsign Training and the "speed adjustment" feature is amazing. This should prove helpful for many. It is something I will add to my study routine. Steve / M0DDR
Well done I say!

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.