Português Română
Русский සිංහල
Slovenščina Srpski
Svenska ภาษาไทย
Türkçe Українська
简体中文
Who is online? (36)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: Code Groups

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2021-01-07 16:23
1) Does the program send characters you miss more often for practice when you’re working in Code Groups including Custom?

2) Which parts of the program will send missed characters more often?

Posted: 2021-01-07 23:50
1} no
2) Possibly Morse Machine

Posted: 2021-01-09 17:15
If your willing to use MCPT (a second tool) along with LCWO, it has two features to create code groups that you can put emphasis on characters you need more help with. Then you drop the generated file into LCWO's Covert text to CW (I simply keep two windows open, one for LCWO and one for MCPT and within seconds can modify practice).

One feature increases the probability of characters by simply adding more occurances to an option e.g. "kmurrrr" instead of having 25% of each char increase that of r 4 fold. The other feature option -must=, lets you gives one or more characters and says the code group or word MUST contain one from that list. e.g. -must="r" for lesson=4 means EVERY code group will have at least one r.

You can refer to the User Group Morse Code Practice Text MCPT, for more information.

Posted: 2021-01-29 17:41
Hi everybody I am new to this site. I am trying to learn to improve my CW skills, and this site was recommended. I have hit a snag though. When I try to pass the first lessons, I can't tell where the code groups end and begin. I have a Chromebook, I hope this is not affecting the program. Any advice appreciated, thanks!!

Posted: 2021-01-30 00:45
Code groups have length 5 characters. Listen to a lesson without decoding, Try to recognise the longer space after each group of 5 characters,
It is roughly double length, so must be possible, even for beginners to recognise the separation between 5-groups.

Posted: 2021-01-30 04:33
Never mind I was pushing the wrong play button *doh*

Posted: 2021-02-01 02:10
Thanks nonagenarian I was just being, shall we say, less than cerebral...I was pushing a practice button thinking it was the test button...I think I have it straight now. Thanks again!! :)

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.