Português Română
Русский සිංහල
Slovenščina Srpski
Svenska ภาษาไทย
Türkçe Українська
简体中文
Who is online? (25)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: TX training

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2020-12-18 02:09
do any of y'all have trouble with TX training?

Posted: 2020-12-21 06:13
I with there were more software tools for training for sending. There are lots for copying but very few for sending. I'm contemplating trying to write some software to train sending.

Posted: 2020-12-23 23:27
There is some available information such as:
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=QSO+practice&docid=608034272893405844&mid=489D012E7BE6E587D704489D012E7BE6E587D704&view=detail&FORM=VIRE

Posted: 2020-12-24 00:14
SMC:
do any of y'all have trouble with TX training?

I worried a lot about TX in the beginning of my CW training. I thought it would be the hardest part, and althoug everybody told me not to worry about sending at all, I was still convinced that the hardest part for me would be actual keying.

But, I did what people told me to, and went through all 40 lessons, and only listening, before I even touched a paddle or key. And I almost feared the moment when I would have to TX CW.

But everybody was right.
After listening throug all lessons, I was able to create all characters on a paddle almost instantly. From then on I just added some TX training to my daily practise.

So like everybody told me, so I will tell you - don't bother with TX, until you are through with all 40 lessons and are confident with the sound of CW. At that point, sending is no issue any longer. For sure...

If you start too early with sending, you probably create bad habits that you have to unlearn later. Waste of good time...

Posted: 2020-12-24 09:54
Hello, I tried the tx training and found that my keyboard has far too much travel to feel comfortable. My hand sent morse is generally OK i think, but it was terrible on the keyboard and even worse using the screen 'key' area.

This may be a feature of my own computer.

G0bzb

Posted: 2020-12-28 15:46
Hello, I sm new here and just in the middle of lesson 3* but of course have tried TX as well once or twice, also to see that without an proper hand sent it doesn't really make sense. My Mac-Keyboard is very accurate normally, but here it is at its limits.

Best wishes and Merry Christmas Stefan

*in the middle means that I learn with a special structure, that a licensed friend recommended to me and it works very good up to now. And I am in the middle of the structure in lesson 3. ;-)

Please ignore language mistakes, I am no native speaker.

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.