Português Română
Русский සිංහල
Slovenščina Srpski
Svenska ภาษาไทย
Türkçe Українська
简体中文
Who is online? (24)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: Keen beginner

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2020-10-28 09:48
Hi all

About 3 weeks ago I have started learning morsing through this platform, which I really like!

Now I have the following questions:

1)
I always read that I need to learn the tone, the rhythm, etc which I fully understand.
On the other side "di and da" language is mentioned – shall I use the di and da to learn/get the rhythm or shall I just listen?

2)
I would like to learn during driving in my car. Any recommendation for a good android app which supports that?

Looking forward to your feedback!

Posted: 2020-10-28 11:48

Hi

1) don't use anything written - especially those tree diagrams. They were only useful before electronics and lessons.

Concentrate on: hear code -> automatically think of letter

2) unless you are planning to type whilst you drive, or have an autonomous driving system, or you have an app for a car voice assistant you may as well just play an mp3.

cb

Posted: 2020-10-28 13:49
starting from lesson 9 upwards you can exercise words. Start with short words, record them, the program of wa2nfn (usergroup 389) will help.

Play them in your car. and try to decode them while driving, in your head.

Posted: 2020-10-28 14:00
> Concentrate on: hear code -> automatically think of letter

OK, that means I should even not think in "di and dah" language?

Posted: 2020-10-28 17:34
iclou:
> Concentrate on: hear code -> automatically think of letter

OK, that means I should even not think in "di and dah" language?

After some practice you might only "hear" the letters ( or words )

cb

Posted: 2020-10-29 08:01
Don't expect too much from listening while driving: I made mp3s which I listened to driving to and from work 2 years ago and the benefit was surprisingly limited.

Basically, it is difficult (for me at least) to concentrate enough to get the letters while driving safely.

I found that listening to mp3s at home in my armchair while concentrating fully for 15-20mns yielded results which were far superior to playing them on the car stereo fro 1:30hr (time to drive to and from work).

Posted: 2020-10-29 08:59
... and be wear on traffic while you are decoding morse code driving your car :-))....could be dangerous

73, OE8FBF, Harry

Posted: 2020-11-03 08:02
cb:

After some practice you might only "hear" the letters ( or words )
cb

Now I am at lesson 12.
While typing the letters with closed eyes I think I sense how I switch to listening the pure tone... it starts slowly...

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.