Polski Português
Română Русский
සිංහල Slovenščina
Srpski Svenska
ภาษาไทย Türkçe
Українська 简体中文

Who is online? (24)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: how to denote letters which I failed to copy?

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2009-09-29 16:58
while going through the lessons, I fail to copy letters every now and then. How should I type in these letters that I missed? I tried inserting a 'space character' but it seems the program stops processing the line as soon as it hits a space.

I have also tried inserting a question mark to denote letters missed.

I am still on lesson 11, so inserting a question mark or any other letter which I have not learnt serves the purpose. But, I was wondering if there was some other way to denote such letters.

Posted: 2009-09-29 18:20
I just skip the letter and keep going. You are right a space is the wrong thing to do.

Posted: 2009-09-29 21:30
I would suggest a sign that is not in the usual codeset .. so the questionmark is not really suitable ... but I guess something like "<" will do a good job (on the german keyboard this has a seperat key)

Posted: 2009-09-30 09:46
Either skip it (i.e. just neter a group with 4 letters) or enter *any* letter. Even if you just enter a "?", which sooner or later will be part of the character set, there is nothing to lose. With a chance of 1 out of 40 it may even be correct :-)

In my experience, I rather just miscopy letters instead of completely missing them. If I am not sure, whether it is e.g. "S" or "H", I try not to think about it and just hit either of them.

Posted: 2009-10-01 10:39
Hello. The "normal" way by copying with a pencil is to mark this faulty with a dot on the paper. Why not do it here also? "." and than go on.

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.

$Id: forum.php 62 2015-01-12 17:34:44Z fabian $