Português Română
Русский සිංහල
Slovenščina Srpski
Svenska ภาษาไทย
Türkçe Українська
简体中文
Who is online? (21)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: Feature request, visual representation of code

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2020-07-23 23:10
I would like to request for the lessons that the visual representation of each character's code be included in an image. E.G. C -.-. Q --.-
This would help those of us who are visual learners. I always have to pull up a separate window with a morse code reference while learning so I can see as well as hear the letters.

Posted: 2020-07-26 00:29
One way to see a visual representation of morse is to record the morse saving it out as an mp3.

Then you open the mp3 file with the freeware program Audacity and you will see the waveform of the dits and dahs along with the spaces.

I've tested this method up to 750 wpm with the dits, dahs and spaces clearly visible.

Anyone out there want to experiment with an on-the-air burst tranmission at 750 WPM? If so, please PM me.

AFAIK this is entirely legal since the transmission is in plain text rather than being encrypted.

Posted: 2020-07-27 00:36
1000 wpm is often a built in option for meteor scatter QSO's

Posted: 2020-07-27 09:38
continuing text:
in (K1EL) keyers, but in order to limit bandwidth
of CW transmissions to abt 200 Hz the slope of the signal is at least about 5 ms in your antenna, so
dits take at least 10 ms which limits your CW mode transmission to 120 wpm.

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.