Polski Português
Română Русский
සිංහල Slovenščina
Srpski Svenska
ภาษาไทย Türkçe
Українська 简体中文
Who is online? (14)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: Copying too fast?

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2020-05-21 10:49
I've been listening to mp3 files generated using LCWO's "Convert text to CW" tool. To help myself, I used a word processor to insert three extra spaces between each word. This worked well.

But then I tried text with normal single spacing between words. Oh My Goodness Me! It was like doubling the speed. It sounded completely different. I was shocked.

But I jumped on the Bucking Bronco and opened my mind. Much to my surprise, I managed to hang onto some words. Sometimes even a run of words. At this speed (the actual speed is probably irrelevant as YMMV) I can head copy about 20% or 30% of words. This sounds like a low percentage, but the words I do copy either just pop into my head or unroll in my mind as I hear the character stream.

My question is:
Should I reduce the speed to copy a higher percentage of words, or should I continue with this speed which doesn't give me time to think (but just react)?

Posted: 2020-05-21 18:25

Well you made it through lesson 40 foggy, so time to see how good you can get now . . .

If I was you I'd try a few different speeds, which is what you'll get on the bands.

Try fast first then slow it down and see if it sounds easier, then try faster again.

As you get quicker, the code seems to be coming slower . .

It's still a case of repeat repeat repeat . . .

A tip is to concentrate on the first letter which gives you timing and a start

Well done, anyway

cb

Posted: 2020-05-21 19:57
foggy:
don't reduce parameters. When you copy 30 percent, Keep exercicing preferably with the same source file till you copy the last word that you missed in previous exercises. After that refresh the file to new text. All ways lead to Rome, this is the fast one.

Posted: 2020-05-22 17:36
Okay, thanks for the encouragement and advice, guys. As always, the forum here is very helpful.

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.