Português Română
Русский සිංහල
Slovenščina Srpski
Svenska ภาษาไทย
Türkçe Українська
简体中文
Who is online? (40)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: Score

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2020-05-19 16:22
A small question, it's correct to eliminate attempts to obtain greater accuracy for the score?

Posted: 2020-05-20 12:50
There's no point in altering your scores.

The aim is to learn morse code - your scores are merely an indication of your learning progress. Learning morse code takes a lot of time and lots of practice (for most of us).

So the answer to your question is that it is neither correct nor incorrect to "eliminate attempts" - you can do whatever you like. But you will have a more realistic understanding of your progress if you do not "eliminate attempts".

Posted: 2020-05-20 13:53
Gianluca:
A small question, it's correct to eliminate attempts to obtain greater accuracy for the score?

It won't affect your position in the high scores.

The idea is to get 90% a few times on each lesson, then move onto the next lesson, though some people move on as soon as they get a single 90% correct.

Generally you need to try to get through to the end of lesson 40 before you loose interest.

Of more concern should probably be the speeds at which you are running the courses . . . .

YMMV

cb

Posted: 2020-05-21 16:07
Thank you, you are right and I think like you.
I only ask because I see people with 100% accuracy with 119 attempts and 28.6 speeds. I think they only kept their attempts 100% to maximize the score.

Posted: 2020-05-21 23:21
Sometimes I lose several groups during one exercise. This happens frequently. In this case, I do not save such an attempt.
Because average statistics are important for me to control success. But if you save trying where the percentage of errors is more than 15% or 20%, then productive attempts will be lost among the general statistics.
I spend a lot of time learning. For my motivation, it is important to observe daily progress. And it is not so easy to see with a wide range of error rates.
But if I make a strict restriction on the lower limit of the error rate, I begin to see more detailed statistics of my successes

Posted: 2020-05-22 10:35
I make a proposal and apologize for my English ..
Is it more correct to remove the possibility of deleting attempts from the list, keeping the possibility of recording the exercise just completed?

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.