Polski Português
Română Русский
සිංහල Slovenščina
Srpski Svenska
ภาษาไทย Türkçe
Українська 简体中文
Who is online? (8)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: cw

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2020-05-13 00:02
I was wondering if anyone has met a person who couldn't learn the code?

Posted: 2020-05-13 09:28

If you mean at 5 wpm then no.

25 wpm, then lots - though it might be just "give up when it takes longer than a month".

Why do you ask ?

What are you hoping for ?

5 wpm is enough to call for help if you are stuck up a mountain.

cb

Posted: 2020-05-13 10:03
Hi Allen.

One and a half year ago, when I startet practicing CW, I knew I would have a really hard time learning it. I'm totally tone deaf, and could not distinguish between dih and dah at the beginning. I was simply struggling just to hear the difference, even at a very low speed. Nevertheless, I just wanted to try how far I could get, by taking small steps everyday. I like a good challenge, and hate to give up at anything!

Now, one and a half year after, I am able to do QSO on air at 16 wpm. Not fast, but OK I think...

So from a person, who is still tone deaf, I can tell you it is possible. It will take 1-2 years though :)

Posted: 2020-05-13 15:31
Hi Allen. Thank you for your post I hope you don't mind me commenting. Your post has given me some hope that however hard you struggle you can climb that mountain I have for a year and a half tried to learn cw I get so far about lesson 10 then however hard I try I seem not able to get any further I get frustrated and stop. I am back again and am using a different approach which is helping me to progress
I use morsedx which is a subscription service which has a free and subscription based learning I listen to its training on my smartphone then after a day or so use LCwO to test myself this has allowed me to go further than I have ever done I have a very mild dyslexia which is challenging this two prong learning is working for me LCWO is a excellent tool and sometimes it feels like you are the only one who cant master this skill keep trying if you fail get up again. Good luck all Stephen 2E0AAO

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.