Português Română
Русский සිංහල
Slovenščina Srpski
Svenska ภาษาไทย
Türkçe Українська
简体中文
Who is online? (22)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: LCWO usage statistics

Back to the Forum

AuthorText
Administrator

Posted: 2020-04-17 15:31
Hi all,

activity on LCWO appears to have increased significantly lately, which means many people are using the current situation to acquire a new skill or brush up their code a bit. Great!

I wondered if there was a measurable effect on the figures, so I made a little statistics page which gives an overview of the usage of LCWO (by the different training modes), over the last years (since 2008, when the site was launched).

The results are here. I have never looked into these figures in detail before, but there are a few patterns that can be recognized, such as that people are more likely to spend time on LCWO.net in the winter months (there's one anti-cyclic activity, the usage of the QTC trainer, which is aimed at the WAE CW contest in August). The growth of new members is also pretty steady over the years and overall activity is on the rise.

Of course, the recent events are also reflected in the statistics. The monthly values are extrapolated to a full month, and if the second half of April sees the same activity as the first half, we're going to have a record month on LCWO.

Have a look: https://lcwo.net/stats

Fabian, DJ1YFK

Posted: 2020-04-17 15:49
hehe! not many things to do outside anymore! :)
thanks for the data! (from a datageek)

Posted: 2020-04-18 08:32
Very nice piece of work, thanks! I had wondered about the impact, anecdotally there seemed to be more participants than before.

I suspect the relevance of emergency communication in a civilizational collapse has become self-evident.

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.