Polski Português
Română Русский
සිංහල Slovenščina
Srpski Svenska
ภาษาไทย Türkçe
Українська 简体中文

Who is online? (37)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: Sending Practice

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2020-03-06 20:44
When/How to begin practicing sending characters with my dual paddle key and Ultra Pico keyer? Should I just do characters in the lesson plan or all characters?

Posted: 2020-03-06 22:49

Generally people seem to find decoding more challenging than keying, so maybe take that into consideration regarding proportions of time spent.

Ops will come back to you at the speed you xmit
so
not much point in wizzing ahead with keying.

You need to make progress all the time though to avoid boredom, so if you bought it then use it.

Can you learn with someone else so you can take turns and read each others code ?

Try deciding what you are going to key in advance and then you can concentrate on your keying.

If your spelng is as bad as mine then write it down . . .

enjoy

cb

ps expect lots of junk email if you publish a valid email with an @ in it.

Posted: 2020-03-07 00:27
Here is an efficient course

http://www.morsecode.nl/iambic.PDF

Posted: 2020-03-09 12:33
This is addressed to anyone on LCWO, not just petermccreacwnext (this thread starter).

cb - Chris asks, "Can you learn with someone else so you can take turns and read each others code ?"

I know how difficult it can be to find someone to do that with. I would be very happy to have QSO contacts with learners (no matter how slow; no matter how many errors) using morse over the internet - either CWCOM or iCW. Myself, I can cope with QSOs up to 12 wpm.

Just send me a PM through the LCWO forum. I'll help you get set up, and then its just a matter of scheduling a QSO date & time.

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.

$Id: forum.php 62 2015-01-12 17:34:44Z fabian $