Polski PortuguÍs
Rom‚nă Русский
සිංහල Slovenščina
Srpski Svenska
ภาษาไทย TŁrkÁe
Українська 简体中文

Who is online? (20)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: Question on typing "converted text"

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2020-03-03 18:52
I find the website's "convert text to CW" feature helpful. I write what I hear with a pen and paper. It appears there is no way to type what I hear on the computer screen. Is that the case? Or am I missing something and it really is possible to type, using this function. Tnx and 73, Larry

Posted: 2020-03-04 00:32
No, "Convert text to CW" is just to convert text to sound. On www.qsl.net/wa2nfn you find a possibility to change text such that some features that make it easier to decode entered text during the learning proces

You may just decode the CW in your head, write it down on paper or type it out during the transmission, but there is no check on correct decoding.

When you use plain text as source you will see errors immediately when you type or write.

Posted: 2020-03-04 08:44
I use the program morse (http://www.catb.org/~esr/morse/) and I feed my text onto the program like this:

cat sometext.txt |morse -f `echo $RANDOM % 400 + 500 | bc` -e -T -B

Posted: 2020-03-05 00:15
when you use windows, you may start notepad.

Play under lcwo your text to cw, and type it in notepad.

Posted: 2020-03-05 19:42
Thanks for the responses to my questions! I find "convert text to CW" very helpful. Sometimes I copy in my head and sometimes write with pen and paper. Just wondered if there was a way to type it right on the site. Apparently not, and that's OK. 73, Larry

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.

$Id: forum.php 62 2015-01-12 17:34:44Z fabian $