Português Română
Русский සිංහල
Slovenščina Srpski
Svenska ภาษาไทย
Türkçe Українська
简体中文
Who is online? (35)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: Finished lesson 40, thank you DJ1YFK & team!

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2020-03-01 21:00
So after more than a year and a half I finished all 40 lessons. I started on June 2018 and finally, the x-ray key was added to my keychain a month ago!
In the beginning, I started practicing in lower speeds (16/16), but while in the middle of each lesson I just added one wpm, until after 8 characters of unnoticed increase I reached 23/23 wpm. The configuration also included random audio frequency, random word length and start / end sequences VVV/AR. Each session was gradually raised from 1 minute to the final 4 minutes, to make me gain stamina. I practiced every day, maybe with an exception of a few days that I was ill on bed. I was practicing daily for at least 30 minutes, usually 45' to one hour, but sometimes not restricted to that. If I was in a bad mood and no appetite for cw, I was forcing myself to do at least 15 minutes, but never, NEVER without a day practicing. Slowly the tunnel's entry disappeared from my back, lonely in the darkness and with no signs of the end coming. Many times was frustrated in the difficult symbols, repeated failures and stuck on very certain errors and confusions, ready to give up. But always telling myself "no, keep on going, you have to do this". I can't say that in the end I was tired. I needed a month to make some rest from this daily engagement. And after that, I started again looking for the new adventure to practice.

Now, I am working with DJ1YFK's other beauty, QRQ. This beautiful, neat, text-based program is my constant company whenever I have my laptop without an internet connection.

So, a big THANK YOU, dear Fabian, plus the rest of the team that supports and helps in the forum!

73 SV1QFM, Panos

Posted: 2020-03-02 05:51
Congratulations & welcome to the club!

Daily practice the way you did it is how one gets results.

We all look forwards to hearing how you continue to improve in the future!
Administrator

Posted: 2020-03-02 07:38
Congrats Panos, and good luck on your further journey!

Fabian

Posted: 2020-03-02 10:25
That's great news, Panos!

It's good to hear how you struggled and succeeded. We each have a slightly different way of learning but in the end it is down to PERSEVERANCE.

Now that you have those 40 characters, there are many ways to enjoy CW!

Posted: 2020-03-02 19:51
Mprovo panos... i hope to follow your steps... stared again a month ago and im on lesson 22.

Posted: 2020-03-10 18:24
daemonix:
Mprovo panos... i hope to follow your steps... stared again a month ago and im on lesson 22.

Well done Tasos! Just a month and already on 22nd... You're really a fast learner. You can also check and subscribe lcwo's greek speaking group, RAG: https://lcwo.net/usergroups/40

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.