Polski PortuguÍs
Rom‚nă Русский
සිංහල Slovenščina
Srpski Svenska
ภาษาไทย TŁrkÁe
Українська 简体中文

Who is online? (17)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: success stories

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2020-01-19 19:42
checking out website and was curious if anyone would share there success story of learning morse code using this website. thanks

Posted: 2020-01-19 21:50
Sometimes people say thank you on this web site, sometimes you read abt success of "alumni" on eham.net. Other people keep or start exercising here to obtain higher speeds or just because they are used to in their daily routine. Or may be they want to answer questions or give advice to learners.

Posted: 2020-01-21 10:31
test - Test user.

See my thread "Thank you at lesson 40".

Is there any chance you could change your identification to something else other than "test - Test user."? It makes it more engaging for us if there's some sort of identity to address our remarks to.

Posted: 2020-01-28 01:28
Well, I havenít made it through all the lessons yet and only currently on 35. I still canít copy code or transmit much yet but, I am much better than I was yesterday. So for me so far Iíve been successful. If Iím better tomorrow than today I will consider that a success as well.

Posted: 2020-02-19 11:50
Hello
I started in nov19 and got passed lesson 40 now. I set a few rules to me. Speed 20/5 and 2times more then 90% to proceed to the next level. And now I have done :-) I know its just a step but now start to send and I'm ready to speed up ...looking forward to my first QSO

thx for this great site

OE8FBF, Harry

Posted: 2020-02-19 13:54
Do not forget to close the gap by lowering 20 and increasing 5 to the final result of (I estimate) 9/9 Otherwise you are asking pse QRS, and the QSO partner goes down, but he transmits Morse code x/y with x=y

Posted: 2020-02-20 10:08
Well Done, Harald! That's quite an achievement.

And you should be an inspiration to those who are somewhere between lesson 1 and lesson 40 to keep going - it can be done, by ordinary guys and girls like us.

Posted: 2020-02-20 12:52
yes of course foggycoder...specialy by guys like me :-)) I made the training to my daily routine but i try to avoid stress. I am switching between the Kochmethode (Lessons) the morsemachine, wordtraining and training with my singlekey. This keeps my motivation high and avoid boredom. I know that the Lessons are only the first step...now I am working to speed up. To all who are in the lessons....keep going, keep going, keep going, ...its reachable
73 OE8FBF, Harry

Posted: 2020-02-20 23:14
Next month, it's a year ago, that I completed lesson 40. I have trained probably 20 minutes every day since, and I am now listening to english words at speed 22/22 with headphones on, every day, getting probably 80% of the words, and I train every other day my sending with different keys..., but:

I still can't copy a QSO on air.

I have logged maybe 30 QSO's, but have been helped by the decoder in my radio, without it, I doubt I would have logged even a single one of them..., so:

I still can't copy code on the air...

I still hope for the final breakthrough...
I do progress in my everyday training, and I get better and better. But copy code on air, still seems very difficult to me...

I don't worry too much about it, because I know I get better everyday. The reason may be the simple one, that I don't listen very often on air.
As CEO in a busy company, and with to small kids at home and weekends all booket, I do believe I do as much as possible right now.

Has this site helped me? Hell yes, I wouldn't be where I am now without it...

And of course, I can listen to a CQ call, and get the call after it has been sent like 20 times!

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.

$Id: forum.php 62 2015-01-12 17:34:44Z fabian $