Polski Português
Română Русский
සිංහල Slovenščina
Srpski Svenska
ภาษาไทย Türkçe
Українська 简体中文

Who is online? (19)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: Learning, but...

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2009-08-27 02:06
Hi! previously I must say it's a very usefull site, Tnx fr it!!!
I'm learning CW since less than a month... I still can't use this site to learn, cause my PC is ill...
The fact is that I'm trying to hear sounds instead of counting dots and dashes, using CW player, at 12 ppm with an effective speed of 5 ppm... but I don't feel much evolution... what's wrong?
73 and Tnx!

Posted: 2009-08-27 13:47
It sounds to me like you hit a plateau, don't be discouraged, keep at it, and you will soon begin to pick it up. In a few days you will suddenly find yourself doing much better. That's been my experience.

Posted: 2009-08-28 04:11
At 12 ppm you're probably still counting dots and dashes. If you increase the speed to 20, but leave the effective speed at 5, you'll find it much harder to count and you'll gradually start to hear the sounds instead.

Posted: 2009-08-30 21:17
I felt the same, learning other maters... may be I`ve to be patient! TU Bill, I was needing some feedback! 73!

Posted: 2009-08-30 21:29
Regardless of my natural lack of patience, I think I could try increasing the speed to 20wpm, as you say , Steve... I did it to 12, leaving the effective in 5 for the same reason... perhaps...! Any way, I begun learning CW for the first time, just a month ago... I`ll try 20 wpm... trying to be patient too... Ja Ja! Tnx VM! Steve! 73

Posted: 2009-10-06 17:20
Seconding the others here that suggest the 20/5 speed. That's what I'm doing now, and I'm learning much better than I was when I was trying with the site default.

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.

$Id: forum.php 62 2015-01-12 17:34:44Z fabian $