Polski Português
Română Русский
සිංහල Slovenščina
Srpski Svenska
ภาษาไทย Türkçe
Українська 简体中文

Who is online? (16)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: Speed observation

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2020-01-10 10:23
I've figured something interesting. For the last few lessons (I'm at 12 now) I've been reverting to 20/8 speed for the new character and then learning until I could do 20/10 and moving on. But I think this is a flawed approach, because this way the comfortable speed I'm putting into my head is 20/8wpm really and the 20/10 is the top at which I struggle, but eventually achieve and after a few times at 20/10 I move on, so I never properly learn 20/10. At the next letter, I need to play the "pick up the speed" from 8 to 10 again. FOr lesson 12 I've decided that I'll be doing it for a week until all the previous characters sink in and I feel relaxed at 20/10, this should help progress later on.

Posted: 2020-01-13 21:28
I struggled with getting to 20/10wpm speed on my current LCWO lesson no. 12, so for the past 4 days I've been listening in the car to mp3 cw files with 20/12wpm and on the weekend I've been writing stuff down. Reached 90% at that speed on some attempts. Now moved on to next lesson and reverted to 20/10wpm and it now seems slow like magic.

Posted: 2020-01-14 17:52
You might want to explore another option:

set char/eff speed the same like 20/20

at the top of the cw setting page use the WORD spacing box and try 2, 2.5, or 3 - this ONLY stretches the INTER-word spacing but not the INTER-character spaces

finally at the bottom of the page enter 2, or 3 in the characters/group

now try your code group lesson AFTER you have some comfort with the new character

it will be fast, but since there are few characters you might be surprised that you catch a lot of the sequences

also this builds the mental buffer of copying entire words in your head (eventually)

LMK if this helps at all

Of course over time you need to reduce the word space down to 1, and increase the chars/group but one thing at a time

73 Bill

Posted: 2020-01-20 14:15
For now my mental buffer is non existent, if I don't write stuff down. I snuggle wit 3-4 letters in word training even at low speeds.

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.

$Id: forum.php 62 2015-01-12 17:34:44Z fabian $