Português Română
Русский සිංහල
Slovenščina Srpski
Svenska ภาษาไทย
Türkçe Українська
简体中文
Who is online? (29)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: Lessons Section

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2019-11-30 17:51
When I do the lessons it always gives me the last 10 wrong because it did not give me the last 10. Lol
I appreciate the web-site very helpful to me. Am I doing something wrong ??? Does anyone else experience this???? Anyway thanks for a great resource.

Brent

Posted: 2019-11-30 18:19
I did hear only a part of the lesson sometimes. But that was not "always" but 2 times out of about 150 lessons. Loading the page again helped.

How often is your "always" ? And how often did it work correctly?

73 jo
Administrator

Posted: 2019-11-30 19:28
Brent,

Safari on MacOS appears to stop playing before the file is over. Firefox does not show this behaviour.

I just added 20 seconds of silence to the end of each lesson MP3 that is generated, in the hope that now the silence is cut off, instead of the last proper letters. Could you check if things are better now?

Fabian

Posted: 2019-12-02 10:24
The Law of Unintended Consequences:

I don't get all the characters on the first pass through the lesson. After I've written down the last of the characters, I now have to listen to 20 tedious seconds of silence before I can replay the lesson.

I understand Mac users are having problems so can you put a fast-forward button in for the 90% of computer users who are on PCs?
Administrator

Posted: 2019-12-02 11:14
Added silence is now limited to Safari browser. Hope it works.

Posted: 2019-12-02 11:30
foggycoder:
I now have to listen to 20 tedious seconds of silence before I can replay the lesson.

I see a PAUSE button on the player and it works. And rewinding with the slider works too. So there seems to be no need to wait, till you can play the lesson from the beginning once more.

But Fabians solution ist more elegant anyway.

Posted: 2019-12-02 16:43
Sometimes when hear a character and cannot recognize it, I just push the slider and follow the sequence and get the letter.

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.