Português Română
Русский සිංහල
Slovenščina Srpski
Svenska ภาษาไทย
Türkçe Українська
简体中文
Who is online? (24)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: Settings - delay between groups

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2019-10-22 09:11
Hi.
is it possible to increase delay between groups of letters? I don't want add pauses between letters in group, but require some delay between groups to write received letters. I can't find this setting, is it exist?
Administrator

Posted: 2019-10-22 10:38
Currently this is not available, but the CW engine that creates the sound already supports it. I will add it to the list of future additions.

Fabian

Posted: 2019-10-22 15:35
thanks!

Posted: 2019-10-23 07:14
That would be very helpful. Thank you!

Posted: 2019-10-31 07:38
I see this creating group recognition issues in the future for many who would use this. If this is implemented as a direct time setting ie: portions of a second it would be completely out of synchronization with normalized spacing.

If it is done let me suggest it be implemented as a percentage of increase between groups. ie: 10% ~ 100%. In this fashion some relevance of normalized gtroup spacing would be maintained.

Posted: 2019-10-31 11:56
Monthow:
I see this creating group recognition issues in the future for many who would use this. If this is implemented as a direct time setting ie: portions of a second it would be completely out of synchronization with normalized spacing.

Group recognition is vy gd. It is already done at libitum in call sign and word exercises.

Percentage is objectionable, because with higher speeds you need the same time for typing the group.

Administrator

Posted: 2019-11-07 10:47
As a first step (we're agile here, aren't we? :-) I implemented extra word spacing in the CW settings as a simple value that can be set between 0.0 (normal spacing) and 5.0 (5 times the normal spacing).

It's currently only active for the Koch course lessons. I can later activate it for the Code groups, too (but these groups would then not be valid for the high score lists).

Please test and let me know if it works.

Fabian

Posted: 2019-11-07 12:39
nice job, i'll test it right now!

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.