Polski Português
Română Русский
සිංහල Slovenščina
Srpski Svenska
ภาษาไทย Türkçe
Українська 简体中文

Who is online? (23)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: TX Training

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2019-10-08 11:14
Kann man das nicht so gestalten, dass man statt der Maustaste auch den Punkt verwenden kann, um die Taste zu drücken? Mit der Maus ist das ziemlich umständlich und führt zu keinem brauchbarem Ergebnis. Danke.

Posted: 2019-10-10 22:50
Don't mess around with a mouse. A very VERY disappointing way of learning.

Buy a QCX tranceiver kit for $ 49
https://www.qrp-labs.com/

chose 40m band

You get an excellent design of Hans Sommerkampf
with a CW decoder, in order to decode your own sidetone sending. A straight key is on the printed circuit board, Iambic A or B (and more) for paddles are included.

Also WSPR to prove that with 5 watt or much less in a dipole you reach the whole world without any effort.

HH

Posted: 2019-10-11 13:03
I'm now on lesson 33. In the optimistic expectation that I should be on lesson 40 in a month's time, I have just ordered a QCX transceiver kit as suggested by nonagenarian!

Posted: 2019-10-15 05:59
The QCX is an excellent suggestion. (I also agree the 40 meter band is a good choice.) Great for sending with just a side tone, and requiring good timing for the on chip decoder to read the code you send. If you can get the decoder to read your practice code your timing is good.

Posted: 2019-10-16 02:01
This is part of the reason we are never very successful in trying to have a decoding device read live code on the air. Timing is nearly always going to be off from one person to another. Our minds adjust to this after we learn the sounds of the characters. Getting a decoding device to make similar adjustments would take a lot of written code to get it to hear as humans hear.

I could not agree more about having a decoding device decode your sending. If all the CW ops did this the code we hear on air would greatly improve. Being a leader by improving your sending is to be admired. It may cause others to consider improving their timing as well.

Posted: 2019-10-21 01:18
The interesting thing about code readers, as Monty pointed out, they are not that good at decoding off the air because of individual "fists" or variations in timing that people develop. They are good for practicing your sending. It has been pointed out already, but it doesn't hurt to say it again. Sending to a decoder will help develop good timing.

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.

$Id: forum.php 62 2015-01-12 17:34:44Z fabian $