Polski Português
Română Русский
සිංහල Slovenščina
Srpski Svenska
ภาษาไทย Türkçe
Українська 简体中文

Who is online? (20)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: Space bar causing PAUSE instead of a SPACE

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2019-09-12 11:43
Help me please. When typing 5-letter groups (for example) and a SPACE is required between groups, the space bar stops advancing to the next group, i.e. it pauses the presentation until it has been pressed again and there is no space. But because there is no space, the software cannot calculate results. Am using Win 7, Firefox and the latest Flash v 2.0.0.417 on an Acer 5738Z. Any help gratefully received.
Administrator

Posted: 2019-09-12 12:41
Hi Fritz,

this sounds strange. If you're actually still using the Flash player for sound playback, please try selecting the HTML5 player in your CW settings and check if that behaves betters.

Fabian

Posted: 2019-09-12 14:26
Yes codegroups do not include spaces, you need to type an ENTER after each 5 code group instead of a space. And even when you type a space, it doesn't pause. Pause is created by javascript:playpause(1648)

Just my 2 cents.

Posted: 2019-09-13 01:29
Thank you both for replying. Turns out I was using 'Embedded MP3', thus circumventing the Flash keyboard settings profile. Tried 'HTML5' and that produced the same result, no space, just paused. So decided to test the remaining functions. Of course 'Flash Player 10 doesn't work at all, not even any graphics because because it's incompatible with Win7 and therefore not installed. Interestingly,'Alternative Flash Player' produces a 'carriage-return, line-feed', so tried the obvious, plain old 'Flash player' (sic) and it works perfectly as intended! Sorry for wasting your time chaps; it's been an interesting exercise in logic. Long live LCWO.

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.

$Id: forum.php 62 2015-01-12 17:34:44Z fabian $