Polski Português
Română Русский
සිංහල Slovenščina
Srpski Svenska
ภาษาไทย Türkçe
Українська 简体中文

Who is online? (8)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: [Request] Extend delayed start to Plain Text Training

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2019-03-20 12:15
From changelog:
* Honor the "delayed start" setting also for callsign and word training.

Can we have this for the Plain Text Training, too, please?

Posted: 2019-03-21 13:53
Ottavio,

I really do not see the problem,

1. put your mouse pointer on 'play'

2. when you are writing with ur right hand put left hand on mouse, in the position "start playing" do not press yet

3. take your pen in your right hand and your pen on paper (forget about a keyboard, it is really an enormous error when you need a keyboard for copying Morse code, write it or later on listen only and copy in your head. Value of Morse proficiency in disasters is diminished when you need a keyboard to decode it)

4. Wait the waiting time in that position, that you prefer.

5. push with your left hand the positioned mouse pointer and start writing with your right hand the received and decoded Morse code on paper (or with your finger on wet sand, or with blood on the wall, or with ur finger on a foggy window)

When you really want to use your keyboard, remember it is plain text, so you easily can edit a missed character at the start, above that a repeat function shows you the code again.

Conclusion a leading delay selection does not serve a sensible purpose. (Must be bad english, sri)

Posted: 2019-04-10 15:47
I would like to see a delay added for Plain Text Training as well, please. Even two seconds would be welcome.

> forget about a keyboard, it is really an enormous error when you need a keyboard for copying Morse code

I feel this should be stated somewhere. I've only started 13wpm training, and have been using the keyboard to type my copy. When I went to using pen and paper, my copy slowed down dramatically.

Thank you for mentioning this. I will start over.

Posted: 2019-04-11 15:29
LarryFine:
I would like to see a delay added for Plain Text Training as well, please. Even two seconds would be welcome.

Hi LarryFine, in the scores list I noticed you did not even one exercise Plain Text Training.

So my suggestion is: Try the suggestion of nonavegetarian first,

otherwise you are alike a Ford driver commenting a Chevrolet for something while not even made a test drive in it, and suggest the automobile factory to change it.

Posted: 2019-04-11 20:09
Ottavio:
From changelog:
* Honor the "delayed start" setting also for callsign and word training.

Can we have this for the Plain Text Training, too, please?

What it really needs is a custom countdown before all of the exercises,

. . . so eg.

people who can't use both hands easily have time to move things around on the desk . . .

I recommend that the countdown is in morse digits to give extra number practice. . .

YMMV

cb

Posted: 2019-04-11 20:13
LarryFine:

> forget about a keyboard, it is really an enormous error when you need a keyboard for copying Morse code

I feel this should be stated somewhere. I've only started 13wpm training, and have been using the keyboard to type my copy. When I went to using pen and paper, my copy slowed down dramatically.

Thank you for mentioning this. I will start over.

You can use the keyboard if you can already touch type
BUT
you need to avoid learning JUST a link between the morse character and the key-press
else
you will get through all the lessons
but
then have to use the keyboard for (quite) some time until you practice enough to "hear" the letter etc in your mind when you hear the morse in your ear.

cb

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.

$Id: forum.php 62 2015-01-12 17:34:44Z fabian $