Polski Português
Română Русский
සිංහල Slovenščina
Srpski Svenska
ภาษาไทย Türkçe
Українська 简体中文

Who is online? (18)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: Fun with word training tool

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2019-03-19 18:51
I'm playing with the word training tool now and I've run into a few issues.

I've set the speed to 16 max/16 min and it will start out at 16 and before long it will exceed the max and I'm at 19 and lost. Setting the fixed speed option cures this, but I would expect a "16 max" to mean that no matter what it would nex exceed 16.

It doesn't seem to respect the farnsworth setting, so I find myself repeating the word over and over again until I get it right... this doesn't appear to be the spirit of the tool.

What does simplfy characters do?

Farnsworth would be AWSEOME here... or maybe it would just be another crutch for me :-D

Thanks and keep up the awesome work!

Posted: 2019-03-21 00:10
It is a TRAINING tool.
It tries to stress you. You may enter te starting

Speed is not that max speed, and not marked as suchh like you suggest.

It is the starting speed.
When you get lost at 19 the next word will be one lower in speed, so it keeps the stress on.

It is a well known way of training and testing (rufzxp.net)

The adjustable minimum speed is the minimum CHARACTER speed. When you make errors at a lower speed then the character speed keeps the same but the spacing between chharacters will increase.

So when you exercise with starting speed 10 and minimum character speed 20 you get a word presented at 20/10 when wrong the next word is 20/9

Posted: 2019-03-21 11:51
Yesterday I forgot in above posting, and I cannot change it due to the fact that I am not white listed like cb cum suis: When you exercise in a language with special Morse characters like umlaut in German, you can simplify them in international Morse code, like u_umlaut in ue

Posted: 2019-03-25 11:01
For Farnsworth and constant speed you could try these settings in word training:
16, 25, 40, ..., maxlength 7, simplify chars, fix speed.
73 and GL
[deleted]

Posted: 2019-03-25 12:28
The guy that could not copy a character below 14 wpm and not copy 14/14
can exercise words with (starting) Speed=5
and minimum characterspeed =14
NOT with fixed speed.

It will give him 14/5 14/6 till he fails at, let we say, 14/10, then he goes automatically one step back to 14/9

No reason in general to limit the number of characters in a word, No reason to work fixed speed. it pushes you continuously to your limit, this way.

In general start exercising words when you reach lesson 9 and limit the used characters in that case to the lesson you reached.,

Remember it is wiser to follow the steps Brushupcw described, to arrive at 10/10 coming down from 20/5

Posted: 2019-03-25 22:01
I'd like to point out that the above poster is not the same as me. My username is Ottavio (with O as the letter), while the above poster's username starts with a Zero (0ttavio).

My account was created 2017-12-01.

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.

$Id: forum.php 62 2015-01-12 17:34:44Z fabian $