Polski Português
Română Русский
සිංහල Slovenščina
Srpski Svenska
ภาษาไทย Türkçe
Українська 简体中文

Who is online? (13)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: Ideas for new features

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2019-02-07 23:09
I really like LCWO and "sell" it to every new ham I meet.
Here are two features that may exist, if so I can not find them.
1.) I'd like to be able to clear my past data in each mode. With over 2000 Plain Text data points it isn't practical to click delete on each one. Data from 2 years ago is no longer relevant and makes it difficult to see data from the last days or weeks. I like my call sign as a user name so I do not want to delete the account and start over. I may also want to keep some modes.
2.) In MorseMachine it would be great if the effective speed reset when the error bars were reset and didn't start until the first key was pushed or could be paused.

Thanks

Posted: 2019-02-08 15:58
Agree,
When you are after thousands of exercises plain text still at average below 7 wpm it should be no praising of the effectiveness of LCWO.

Posted: 2019-02-08 17:02
What a catty comment!

Posted: 2019-02-08 18:53
Ottavio:
What a catty comment!

Not really when your average is 6.9 wpm and your max is 25 wpm.

Posted: 2019-02-21 18:44
No problem, he is right and I have had the same thought. After two years of near daily practice, 1000s of exercises, and 3000 CW QSOs in the log it is 7 wpm average. I get characters at 20 wpm but can't remember the first by the last if more than 4 characters. It is time for a new pursuit.

Posted: 2019-02-21 20:32
Hamilton

First of all: with QSO's most abbreviations als 3 or less characters.

Next thing you can do is word exercises (aand CW abbreviations)
You get normal spaced words, you have time to think about the received code (play it back in your mind) you can repeat the word with a replay-command. Limit the word length and choose your mothers tongue language.

12 wpm head copy will be your future proof of perseverance. Most hand (straight) key qso's are between 12 and 18 wpm, so there is a future for you without wasted time in the past.

Posted: 2019-02-21 20:50
Selective delete should not be possible at all, because accuracy is measured in 'high scores' ranking list, so people are able to erase themselves upwards in the ranking list.

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.

$Id: forum.php 62 2015-01-12 17:34:44Z fabian $