Polski Português
Română Русский
සිංහල Slovenščina
Srpski Svenska
ภาษาไทย Türkçe
Українська 简体中文

Who is online? (19)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: How I practice - need evaluation

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2019-01-20 03:43
I downloaded an audio waveform program on my phone and tablet. I typed a sentence into S.C. Phillips Morse Code translator.I recorded the dits and daws. On playback I would key the letters matching the recorded timing. It seemed like a lot to set up but it has helped boost my skill far better than anything else I have tried. I was wondering if someone in the community could write a program that puts all this together. I'd like to know if this technique is as good with others as it was for me.

Posted: 2019-01-21 16:06
I found https://morsecode.scphillips.com/labs/audio-decoder-adaptive/

Did not try it, but I suppose you can whistle Morse code or better make the sound with a straight key in series with a battery and a beeper that beeps when it gets battery voltage in the correct polarity on its contacts.

So may be you can use that program to exercise sending with a key. Even with paddles and a keyer.
You see when you sent 5t instead of v or u, very usefull.

In general when you have some idea about a program that does not exist, best thing is to learn programming yourself. Good idea is C or Java, less good in my opinion Python. But learn it on a Raspberry Pi, available world wide for a couple of bucks, under Debian Linux there are free GNU compilers and editors available, and a lot of textbooks are in bookstores. For free download
Bruce Smith
https://www.brucesmith.info/raspberry-pi-insider-guide/

you may transform epub to pdf , find out for yourself.

Posted: 2019-01-23 16:28
Jerry,

you may just use LCWO's "Convert text to CW" to send some CW text. Have a straight key or paddle connected to an audio oscillator.

Your ear will help you get the same rythm with the key that you hear from LCWO.

Once you have understood how the spaces between characters and spaces between words sound you don t need it anymore.

GL

Good luck.

Posted: 2019-01-24 12:36
Jerry,

That is indeed an extremely helpful way of practicing.

It is supported by some keyers, like the K44, on which it is known as the "Echo" mode: the K44 generates a random string of numbers and/or letters and you have to key back what you heard, with correct timing; the keyer then reacts in function of whether it was correct or not (I should mention the K44 only supports paddles in the Echo mode and does not support straight keys in that mode, if you are using a straight key you would have to get the substantially more expensive Begali CW Machine).

If you want a more fancy setup, you could use the convert text to CW option of LCWO to convert an article of interest to you and key it into your keyer, while checking the result.

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.

$Id: forum.php 62 2015-01-12 17:34:44Z fabian $