Polski Português
Română Русский
සිංහල Slovenščina
Srpski Svenska
ภาษาไทย Türkçe
Українська 简体中文

Who is online? (26)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: morse machine

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2018-12-10 09:27
How can I narrow down to the letters that are giving me trouble with out having to use the ones I can do easily? I need to get down to 6,j,5,h,b,s,4.
Administrator

Posted: 2018-12-10 11:13
You can click on the vertical bars of the single letters to change how often they appear. The higher the bar, the more often they come.

Unfortunately there's currently no way to completely remove single characters.

Fabian

Posted: 2018-12-10 14:57
You may also go to "Change CW Settings" and just select the characters you want to practice and then choose "Custom Group" from the "Code Groups" practice menu. This has worked for me by allowing me to just concentrate on the characters that are giving me the most trouble.

Posted: 2018-12-11 06:34
Thanks very much. That's most helpful. That's what I'm looking for, to concentrate on what's giving me trouble........now, about my spouse....:>)

Posted: 2018-12-19 10:56
Hi, I've been using this web site for a while and it's brilliant. I recently tries Morse Machine, and found it very good, but I have 2 Queries
1 How do I stop it?
and
2 How do I get to see the statistics it says it has?
Administrator

Posted: 2018-12-19 13:01
1: Just leave the page. By design it never ends. :)
2: The statistics are the error bars you see (green/gray). The bars start at full scale green, and each time you hear and identify a letter correctly, they will shrink a bit, which means that the letter is less probable to be selected again as the next one. This more or less ensures that you hear the difficult letters more often than those you already know well. You can reset the error bars at any time.

Fabian

Posted: 2018-12-19 15:47
I found that it increases my speed time if I refresh the page and start immediately, rather than waiting before it starts. It seems to count the time before I even begin it, as part of my WPM speed, in Morse Machine. Despite this bug, I love it. I was doing 20/6 until about lesson 30, and I was getting burned-out and stressed. I just took a couple of months finishing out learning the characters using strictly Morse Machine. Sometimes, I would go back and check how I was doing for speed. I've now learned all of the letters with no stress, and am starting the Lessons all over again at 20/20, with the intent of working towards speed. I might slow down to 20/15 or even 20/10, after a while, but I'm getting better. Slowly... but that's what counts!

Posted: 2018-12-20 21:20
dj1yfk:
1: Just leave the page. By design it never ends. :)
2: The statistics are the error bars you see (green/gray). The bars start at full scale green, and each time you hear and identify a letter correctly, they will shrink a bit, which means that the letter is less probable to be selected again as the next one. This more or less ensures that you hear the difficult letters more often than those you already know well. You can reset the error bars at any time.

Fabian
Thanks for answering my query

Posted: 2019-01-25 04:03
The morse machine does not work on my android phone. Any ideas?

Posted: 2019-01-25 17:00
You better stop with Morse machine.

When you have problem characters, like you said, the abilty opens to think about acharacter, to introduce tricks to remember them.

Above that the next character is presented after you recognised and typed in the character. Also a wrong habit.

Feel free to take the right procedure to fight a set of difficult characters like you experience.

Go to account, change your settings. select only your problem characters. Accept the settings.Go to exercising code groups, select custom groups, aand you are presented in groups with your difficult characters only.

Forget abbout Morse Maachine.

Posted: 2019-02-12 14:06
I love Morse Machine. I am just taking it slooow, over several months (hey, I'm 47) and whenever I get in a rut on a lesson, I just do Morse Machine for several days. Once I've learned it really well, I go back to the regular lessons.

Posted: 2019-02-12 17:54
Derek, forget about these trolls (possibly one using multiple accounts) whingeing about this or that feature of this site.

It's just another tool in the box, and it comes for free, courtesy of Fabian's time and money.

Posted: 2019-02-17 15:31
Also try adjusting code groups to the desired letters symbols or numbers etc..hit custom and you can listen or try to copy.
Maybe try convert text to cw and you can use words that have those letters or just listen over and over.

Posted: 2019-02-18 23:21
h.
ich bin lizensiert seit 1975, werde heuer 72 jahre jung.
ich liebe cw, ist meine lieblingsbetriebsart, speziell qrp auf 10 und 2 meter, grundsätzlich mit JUNKER-taste, die ich um 90 grad um die längsachse drehe, sodaß ich den taster nach der seite hin bedienen kann. diese marotte läßt mich de facto nicht ermüden. ich hatte etwa 20 jahre mit dem amateurfunk völlig ausgesetzt, jetzt aber reizt es mich wieder, ist halt ein alter, wo RETRO immer bedeutsamer wird ;-)..neben der telegraphie ist mein erlernter beruf, die photographie, meine zweite passion. hier mein photoblog mit einigen amateurfunklinks:
http://www.yaddac.blogspot.co.at
werner
OE6DWG

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.

$Id: forum.php 62 2015-01-12 17:34:44Z fabian $