Polski Português
Română Русский
සිංහල Slovenščina
Srpski Svenska
ภาษาไทย Türkçe
Українська 简体中文

Who is online? (12)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: General Q.

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2018-12-04 19:19

I did code back in the 50s, and basically nothing since. I am now working on getting back and I think I am doing OK in making some progress. I am having trouble with my concentration, or lack of. When I start a one minute session, very often I can get through the first half, or so, doing OK. Then my mind starts wondering around and won’t stay focused. Is this just me, or a common challenge others have? --------- When copying, using the keyboard, I catch myself going from code to a key and not mentality thinking about what the letter is. When I try to mentally think of the letter, and then hit the key, that seems to slow me down. Is this normal and with practice cure itself. Thoughts?

Posted: 2018-12-04 22:53
[quote=Bern37]
[SNIP]
I am having trouble with my concentration, or lack of. When I start a one minute session, very often I can get through the first half, or so, doing OK. Then my mind starts wondering around and won’t stay focused. Is this just me, or a common challenge others have?
[/quote]

Who cares about anyone else.

You have to deal with it for as long as it lasts - hopefully you will do OK !!

Try lots of 30 second sessions. Should fix it ??

Bern37:

--------- When copying, using the keyboard, I catch myself going from code to a key and not mentality thinking about what the letter is. When I try to mentally think of the letter, and then hit the key, that seems to slow me down. Is this normal and with practice cure itself. Thoughts?

DON'T go straight to keyboard unless you are a proficient touch typist already - else you will develop a typing reflex and soon be missing out your brain completely after a period of practising produces autonomous reflexes . . .

You will be able to type out morse whilst you are sound asleep if you want, but you won't be able to understand any of it until you read what you have typed out.

You probably want ( in time ) to learn to hear morse as if someone was just speaking - so try writing it down and then typing it in to see how accurate you have been.

This will mean you are focusing on understanding instead of typing . .

You can upload some mp3 files to your phone and contentedly listen to lots of morse instead of watching game shows on TV etc or listening to the traffic noise.

Luckily, everyone will think you are a cool dude listening to hot tracks ( except my family, who already know too much )

cb

Posted: 2018-12-08 14:04
You could try Word Excercise on this site to train reception, but wait to write down the word until it is finished. That is, just listen for the word.

Press period . if you need a repeat (as I do).
You could set fixed speed and a moderate word length (5-9) before starting.

Good luck

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.

$Id: forum.php 62 2015-01-12 17:34:44Z fabian $