Português Română
Русский සිංහල
Slovenščina Srpski
Svenska ภาษาไทย
Türkçe Українська
简体中文
Who is online? (21)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: Request: Small leader delay before tests

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2018-11-06 03:30
Regardless of whether I try to use keyboard or pencil and paper, it is a source of serious frustration that there's no time to get ready to copy after you hit the Start/Play button. It just swings right into the first character almost instantly after you click the button, leaving you scrambling to get your pencil or find the right key to hit. I'm right-handed. My computer is set up with the mouse on my right. I also WRITE with my right hand. Give me time to get my hand OFF the mouse and pick up the pencil, please!!!

I know this sounds trivial, but that little frustration is snowballing for me and I find myself stopping to go do something else. This is already intimidating. I don't need feeling like a klutz because I can't pick up a pencil fast enough making it worse.

Yes, I'm venting a bit...but at least I'm suggesting something as a potential fix. Just a 3-2-1-go after hitting the start button would help a lot. As it is, I miss the first couple of characters because I'm not ready yet, and then I start missing more because I'm flustered, and then I decide maybe watching youtube videos would be less corrosive to my state of mind.

Sorry to be such a baby about this, but it really is bothering me.
Administrator

Posted: 2018-11-06 06:53
Hi Gwen,

there's a parameter called "Start delay" in the CW settings which does exactly what you need!

Fabian

Posted: 2018-11-06 21:37
Thanks, Fabian. I was so busy being frustrated that I sent this to the forum before I checked the settings page. I got it set properly, and everything is copacetic.

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.