Português Română
Русский සිංහල
Slovenščina Srpski
Svenska ภาษาไทย
Türkçe Українська
简体中文
Who is online? (33)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: cheeting

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2018-10-23 22:03
Okay, when doing word or phrase training, it is considered cheeting if after the code is copied, I change the copy to what I can tell it was supposed to be? Like if I am in a QSO and I don't copy every letter correctly but I understand the message...
Or for training should I leave the copy as I copied it?

Bob
KG5GTE
Administrator

Posted: 2018-10-24 07:18
I don't consider it cheating; it's exactly the skill that you should develop!

Fabian

Posted: 2018-10-26 14:32
KG5GTE:
Okay, when doing word or phrase training, it is considered cheeting if after the code is copied, I change the copy to what I can tell it was supposed to be? Like if I am in a QSO and I don't copy every letter correctly but I understand the message...
Or for training should I leave the copy as I copied it?

Bob
KG5GTE

Hi Bob, the purpose of this website is to learn Morse code. So you may repeat a message or a word when the opportunity is there available on ur screen, as part of the learning proces.

Above that there are ranking lists in the Highscores section, the purpose shall be to compare your results with others.

Keep in mind that people may omit lower results, in order to climb in the tree, or what have you.
Nothing wrong with that, it is the way textbooks newspapers, paintings and technical designs are produced. Make a preliminary start en after that correct your obviously detected errors.

Anybody over 90 years old, like me, is invited to become a member of usergroup nanogenarians.

It is a private group so no admission at any time for the test account or people below 90 years old is allowed.

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.