Polski Português
Română Русский
සිංහල Slovenščina
Srpski Svenska
ภาษาไทย Türkçe
Українська 简体中文

Who is online? (19)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: Type or Pen

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2018-10-12 01:03
After a few weeks using phone apps (KMT etc) I'm trying LCWO but having difficulty entering the characters, there seems to be some "writers block" and a huge difference between copying down with pen and paper of typing on a key board. Has anyone else found this, or have any comments or advice? BTW I cannot "type", I two finger "peck" at a decent speed.

Posted: 2018-10-18 17:47
Yes, I agree. I can copy much quicker on paper than typing. Ialso feel that I am only matching the sound to a key, not matching the sound to a letter.

Posted: 2018-11-02 13:16
It differs for me from time to time. Since I typically type much faster than I write by hand, I normally feel very comfortable typing CW code. But as soon as I get stuck, I kind of get lost in the input field. That works much better on 5-group paper forms.

And I partially have the same problem KE7IUP describes: When I introduced new characters with MorseMachine directly on the keyboard, I connected them with their positions, not with their meanings. As a result, I now confuse J and B quite often (or try to sort them out by remembering their keyboard position, that is).

Also, I find out that writing in CAPITAL letters works better for me when I handwrite the excercises.

Anyhow – it's getting forward. 22/7 after 2 months and a first DX QSO (Germany-US) yesterday on 20m!

73 de DG2FDD

Posted: 2018-11-04 14:38
You SHOULD learn writing on aper, That is because you are dependent of having a keyboard at hand when receiving Morse code. That should be a severe objection. The advantage of Morse code is that yoy can receive it everywhere without additional aids.

However on this website it is necessary to type the received code in in order to get a grading and to learn it.

Solution: Do 10 one minute exercises by writing, and only type over (copy) your results one out of 10 exercises, in order to get a score.

Posted: 2018-11-07 20:30
I am glad to see this discussion as I too am confused about whether or not I will be able to hand-write the letters ("copy by hand" I guess would be the terminology?) after typing these lessons. For now I am only on lesson 5 and only am typing but I know I'd better get to copying by hand as well.

Posted: 2018-11-08 06:26
I too started associating the sound with a position on the key board. I am going to try copying on paper and then entering the result for score. Good idea.

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.

$Id: forum.php 62 2015-01-12 17:34:44Z fabian $