Polski Português
Română Русский
සිංහල Slovenščina
Srpski Svenska
ภาษาไทย Türkçe
Українська 简体中文

Who is online? (11)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: What do you do when you just cannot get past a lesson?

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2018-09-21 16:15
What do you do when you just cannot get past a lesson? I've spent four days on this stupid = lesson, and it feels like I just keep getting worse. I've tried increasing times, more tries at it. I just can't get past it. Having to stretch my finger out to the = sign, which is a key I've almost never needed to type in over 30 years of typing, is completely maddening and screws me up.

Posted: 2018-09-21 20:17
One thing that I have done that seems to help me is to use the "code groups" to reduce the number of different characters in the mix. By just concentrating on a smaller number of "problem" characters, I seem to lock them into my long-term memory (and get used the keyboard maneuvers) which then helps me move on to the next lesson.

I hope that helps.

Posted: 2018-09-22 03:27
I know how that feels! I could not get the letter "X" into my head for many days. And funny because there is only one dit difference between a "=" and an "X". It's symmetrical- you would think that would make it easier. But I guess not, or at least not in my brain. I just kept playing only the "X", and I would say "X" in my head, and the next time it played I would look at the "X" key on the keyboard, and the next time I heard it I would look at the "X" on the screen. Seriously I think I spent over a week on that character. The brain is a really, really odd thing. I wish I had some way to help you but really I just kept doing it over and over. But your frustration is a good sign, believe it or not. It means that you REALLY want to get it, and that's everything in this game.

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.

$Id: forum.php 62 2015-01-12 17:34:44Z fabian $