Polski Português
Română Русский
සිංහල Slovenščina
Srpski Svenska
ภาษาไทย Türkçe
Українська 简体中文

Who is online? (13)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: new letter not appearing

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2018-09-17 12:44
Im in lesson 37 and should be learning the letter D. but a few times now I done the whole minute without getting this new letter sent. I understand that the more letters you add the less likely the occurance of one particulair letter becomes. I think I saw fabian say somewhere in the forums that the probability is skewed a bit towards the "newer" letters. for short lessons, and at the end of the course, this skew could be a bit more agressive. In my opinion.
Administrator

Posted: 2018-09-19 10:17
Hi,

indeed, the letters are weighted, but they are not guaranteed to appear in the lesson. When the lesson is long enough this should usually be the case anyway, but with slow speeds and a bit of "luck", you may indeed not get the new letter at all.

I will deploy a little fix for this later today.

Fabian
Administrator

Posted: 2018-09-19 18:55
The new letter should not be guaranteed to appear in the lesson. With the possible exception of corner cases where your speed is unreasonably slow (e.g. just one or two groups total output)..

Fabian

Posted: 2018-09-20 12:55
Thanks Fabian for your answer and the quick repair.
In the last post I failed to mention my gratitude for this nice website. I really feel it helps me progress on my own tempo.

73 Leo

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.

$Id: forum.php 62 2015-01-12 17:34:44Z fabian $