Polski Português
Română Русский
සිංහල Slovenščina
Srpski Svenska
ภาษาไทย Türkçe
Українська 简体中文

Who is online? (21)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: Does the software start throwing more of your errors back at yo

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2018-09-06 15:46
Does the software start throwing more of your errors back at you, after the first try? It seems my first try is almost always my best, for several tries. Does it learn what I'm having problems with, and make it more difficult the next round?

Posted: 2018-09-06 16:17
What do you mean exactly by "the software"? Which exercise in particular (lessons, code groups, etc).

In my experience (lessons 1-40, code groups and Plain Tex Training) I haven't noticed any sort of error correction or adjustment. I tend to do better with exercise. I split my sessions in 5 minutes each. The first is rubbish, the second is better and so on. My peak is at about 30 minutes in, then my attention span decreases.

Is it possible that you're more fatigued after the first try?
Administrator

Posted: 2018-09-06 16:30
No, there is no such stuff implemented, except for a slightly higher likelihood that new letters appear as you progress through the lessons.

Fabian

Posted: 2018-09-07 12:01
One aspect which I have noticed is that, when I start a new lesson the new alphabet does get added only once or twice at the initial stages. As I start practising more and more on a session, the letter starts coming up more on the message pieces.

So for me, once I start a new lesson I generally get a >90% score and I am quite happy. Then the system gets smart and adds in the new letter more frequently in the messages and my scoring rate goes down considerably (75-80% accuracy). And then slowly, I get adapted to the new character and then improve the score.

Posted: 2018-09-30 13:04
I have also learned that if I have a tough lesson I cannot do well, and keep pausing to try again -- if I'm totally failing at it, if I hit refresh, a new (and far easier) lesson comes up. Not sure why that is.

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.

$Id: forum.php 62 2015-01-12 17:34:44Z fabian $