Polski Português
Română Русский
සිංහල Slovenščina
Srpski Svenska
ภาษาไทย Türkçe
Українська 简体中文

Who is online? (20)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: Audio

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2018-08-30 21:57
Has anyone else noticed any changes in the audio tones, or could my system be playing up?

Two or three weeks ago I noticed that several of the tones I was hearing had somehow taken on a rasping note with letters S and H and the number 5 (all dots) being the worse. I've tried the obvious, such as replacing my speakers, and have also tried a headset, but nothing so far has changed. A couple of days ago I also tried a completely different system, but still had the same issue.

Has something somewhere changed with LCWO, or am I losing the plot?

Posted: 2018-09-07 12:06
Each lesson also displays some thing like Tone = 800 Hz, which shows the frequency of the tone being sent. By chance have you changed it? You can check that in the 'Change CW settings' option. There is even a random option there, which generates the code in random tones.

Posted: 2018-09-07 12:39
Thanks for the suggestion. I had checked tone setting several times already, but it shows 700Hz, which is the most comfortable for myself and where it has always been.
As mentioned in my original post, the problem appears to be with strings of dots, such as letters S and H, and number 5. Difficult to describe, but the dots seem to blur together in one single rasping note, which makes it impossible for me to differentiate certain characters.
Perhaps its just my hearing which is deteriorating with old age?

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.

$Id: forum.php 62 2015-01-12 17:34:44Z fabian $