Polski Português
Română Русский
සිංහල Slovenščina
Srpski Svenska
ภาษาไทย Türkçe
Українська 简体中文

Who is online?

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: Confusion

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2018-08-01 14:13
Has anyone had a problem with the more times they practice in one sitting the more confused you get. My first try is always best. After that, it gets worse and worse. Thanks. N1TT

Posted: 2018-08-01 15:46
Sometimes I have noticed I 'drift' or 'zone' mid transmission... I consider it another part of the learning process... ability to increase focus and attention duration.

Posted: 2018-08-01 17:34
What's your practice routine? I start with a 30 min code group session and if I have time I do a couple of rounds of Plain Text Training.

Yes, I make mistakes. Especially with spacing. (Spacing between words is my bugbear!) But if I fail, at least I fail hard and loud.

Posted: 2018-08-01 19:04
Kb1rgn:
Has anyone had a problem with the more times they practice in one sitting the more confused you get. My first try is always best. After that, it gets worse and worse. Thanks. N1TT

Yup - fatigue - it means you are pushing yourself.

If you push too hard you will stop learning though - because you are NOT building muscle ( despite what some people seem to suppose ). You learn this stuff by repetition, so if you repeat fatigue you learn fatigue . . .

You could try a bit of a rest between parts of one sitting; or slow down a bit.

Are you breathing OK or do you slow your breathing to hear better ??

More sessions of a shorter duration may help. After a bit the fatigue stops . . . .

Let us know how you get on anyway . . .

cb

Posted: 2018-08-03 16:55
Kb1rgn:

Thank you for asking this question. I am facing the very same problem today. I am in lesson 19 (Y), and for the past two days I am really going mad. The F,L,= & Y are the killers.

For me the first two attempts of one session generally gives >90 accuracy. My internal target is to score at least three >90s one after the other. By the third attempt, the scores start slipping. The more I try, the scores goes further down the line. And frustration builds up. Honestly, I really wanted to ask the question "When should I stop" (or end a session).

I too would be eagerly waiting for the responses here.

Posted: 2018-08-03 19:24
One thing that I have found that helps me -- when I get to a point when I am really frustrated, I pick out the characters that are giving me trouble (such as F, L, =, and Y) and use the code groups so that I just hear those characters alone. That way I get more of my "problem characters" in a practice session. Once I am doing better with my subset of problem characters, I move back to the Koch lesson and my accuracy goes up. I generally limit my sessions to 15 minutes at a time and do one or two sessions per day.

I hope that helps!

Posted: 2018-08-04 04:31
jtoddclark:
One thing that I have found that helps me -- when I get to a point when I am really frustrated, I pick out the characters that are giving me trouble (such as F, L, =, and Y) and use the code groups so that I just hear those characters alone. That way I get more of my "problem characters" in a practice session. Once I am doing better with my subset of problem characters, I move back to the Koch lesson and my accuracy goes up. I generally limit my sessions to 15 minutes at a time and do one or two sessions per day.

This is what I have also been doing, and it did help me clear another problem character Z :). Looks like having a session for 15-20 minutes at a time is better. For me after this, if I also start getting the characters wrong the frustration is building up, which makes the mistakes go even higher.

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.

$Id: forum.php 62 2015-01-12 17:34:44Z fabian $