Polski Português
Română Русский
සිංහල Slovenščina
Srpski Svenska
ภาษาไทย Türkçe
Українська 简体中文

Who is online? (12)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: One minute or more?

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2018-07-19 07:50
I am now at lesson 15/40. Till lesson 14 my approach was to go with receiving the code for 1 min. And when I hit 90% accuracy 5-6 times, I used to start receiving the code for 2 mins. And only when I hit 90% accuracy for a 2 minute reception I move to the next lesson.

Is this a good way to proceed? Or should I just use the 1 minute time frame to clear all the lessons. And then focus on increasing the time frame?

I ask this question because at times I find that my brain is tuned for receiving a message only for one minute. If the message exceeds that time window I start missing some characters.

Posted: 2018-07-19 10:23
I said it on this forum before that one should copy for even longer than the 5 mins offered. In my opinion one minute is too low a stress for you to train your receiving skills. Sometimes I do one or two 30m sessions of Core Groups receiving a day and my copy has improved ever since. Then there is the matter of some people not having the time but this is a different matter.

Posted: 2018-07-19 11:49
When I was doing the lessons as a complete beginner I kept to the 1 minute throughout, moving up after I had got 100% accuracy 3 times (until the last few lessons when I dropped my standards to 90% lol). The general advice on here is to move up after getting 90% once in 1 minute. The advice I received from a few experts on here was to finish the lessons but not do them again at a faster speed or whatever, but then to turn to Plain Text Training to gradually build up your speed. What is important now is to do the Word Training at least once a day in addition to the lessons, in your case enter "characters from lesson 15" and perhaps tick the "fixed speed" box at whatever speed you are comfortable with. The lessons are important to get a good knowledge of the letters, but as you progress it is far more advantageous to be copying recognisable words than random groups of letters - and it is a whole lot more interesting too! All the best!

Posted: 2018-07-19 11:52
Thank you Ottavio for the response. My current training style is 20-30 mins in one session. And I have two such sessions (morning and evening). But in all those sessions, I only listen to the code for a minute.

My plan was to learn the 40 lessons using the 1 minute code snippets. Once that is all done, extent the code snippet duration gradually to five mins, so that I can copy down bigger pieces of code groups.

Posted: 2018-07-19 15:16
vu3byd, whatever works for you. I have my own routine, which is different from anybody else's. Disregard comments from those who say "The general advice on here is.." because there's no single method that works for everybody and what works for one might not work for others.

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.

$Id: forum.php 62 2015-01-12 17:34:44Z fabian $