Polski Português
Română Русский
සිංහල Slovenščina
Srpski Svenska
ภาษาไทย Türkçe
Українська 简体中文

Who is online?

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: Just a thought

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2018-06-13 19:04
I don't know if it is practical but wouldn't it be nice if we could call "CQ de callsign/lcwo" or maybe "CQ LCWO de callsign" or there was a more general "CQ de callsign/prac"
that was generally recognized to connect with others learning code. I've had QSOs with a few that showed their dislike for new CW ops, a few more with no patience, and a few that were very helpful. Most just want to keep it short and politely move on.

Posted: 2018-06-15 22:30
You are probably better to use the recognised CQ QRS de callsign if you are looking for slower contacts.
Nothing stopping you adding the CQ lcwo de callsign to your calls though it may stir up some other users.

Posted: 2018-06-16 08:09
QRS is not the same as "novice/learner".
Need more space between letter and words ( more time to think ) , more patience for errors,
no hurry for 599 and skip ...
Yust my 2c becouse I too need this.

Posted: 2018-06-16 10:10
How about using ICW http://internetcw.weebly.com/?
73 Karlheinz, DK8KK

Posted: 2018-06-26 04:30
The US/Canada field day is over. A 10 station site with 4 towers is a lot of work. But it was 24 hours of OTA code practice. Twice I tried sending QRS, both times the sender obliviously had a bug. It was totaly unreadable, the dit/dah pattern on CW Skimmer was strange. It looked like Ts, wide spaces, and tight clusters of dits.

July 1-7 is 13 Colonies. A special event contest that is very popular. Our call is K2K for New Hampshire. If it sounds like 230 QSO per hour it is not me. But if it is K2K and more like 30Q/hr on 20 or 40m drop in at any speed from 2 to 20 and let's get some practice.

Posted: 2018-06-30 19:21
It's funny when you reply at 12 WPM to a call at 25 WPM and they turn the speed of their keyer down as they transmit their response.

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.

$Id: forum.php 62 2015-01-12 17:34:44Z fabian $