Português Română
Русский සිංහල
Slovenščina Srpski
Svenska ภาษาไทย
Türkçe Українська
简体中文
Who is online? (25)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: Listen to character Error

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2018-06-13 03:01
Under Lessons, Koch Method, say I want to listen to one of my problem letters before I take a "test", when I hit Listen to Character Play button, it says Error. It only works for the newest letter, not a past one. On Ipad2 iOS 9.0. Is there a setting I can change. Thank you.

Posted: 2018-06-23 03:45
No one else running into this?

Posted: 2018-06-24 18:12
Tried lcwo on my nexus 7 on android 5.1.1 and listen to character works fine.

Posted: 2018-06-25 23:06
Are you using HTML5? IOS does not have a flash player.

Posted: 2018-06-26 04:45
Yes, under settings html5 is selected.

Posted: 2018-06-26 13:15
I use an iPad2 and have the same problem and many more. Too many to list.

Occasionally I use the desk top PC, using flash player it is almost a different program. All of the interfaces work, and the tone is better.

Posted: 2018-06-27 05:43
Thanks for responses. I can't really use the iPad past lesson 15, but Hamilton i am using your tip using code groups to get my remaining letters etc.

Posted: 2018-06-28 04:25
You will pick up numbers quickly. Exp: 2 if you miss the two dits you will probably copy the 3 dahs giving you two swings at the ball.

Punctuation
OTA ? is frequent and important as it means repeat, send again, are you still there, QTH ? and you will see X1?xx for a missing call sign character, followed by , and less often period. LCWO doesn't penalize you for skipping ' and I dont hear it OTA. The rest of them are rarely heard and do not typically impact readability. I will learn them over time, just not now.

Posted: 2018-06-30 17:36
Appreciate you sharing your experience. I am ignorant at this stage so tips from fellow learners (who are further down the path) really help.

Posted: 2018-07-10 04:06
You can select the problem character from the list above, i.e K,M,U,R. and it will play when you key to listen.

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.