Português Română
Русский සිංහල
Slovenščina Srpski
Svenska ภาษาไทย
Türkçe Українська
简体中文
Who is online? (41)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: Feature request: character statistics

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2018-06-08 13:25
Hi, all.

What I'd love to see is a chart that shows the relative number of errors for each character since the last reset of that chart. I have the slight feeling that I am good at certain characters but bad at others. So, I'd love to find out those characters I'm bad at to be able to practice them separately.

I'm a professional web dev so I might be able to help with the coding.

Cheers,

xmjx

Posted: 2018-06-08 15:28
I like this idea. It would also be nice (in an ideal world) if the system knew which characters you were missing the most and automatically gave you more of those characters in your next trial.

Posted: 2018-06-09 22:15
Doesn't the MorseMachine already do that?

Posted: 2018-06-11 17:38
Morse Machine has the disadvantage that it is basically synchronous - you only get the next character when you typed in the (correct) current one. There is some criticism regarding this approach because actual morse code communication is asynchronous: the other side of the channel keeps sending, regardless of how much you lag behind. So I'd prefer to keep practicing in group training, and automatically adapting it in the way Todd suggested seems like a great idea to me, too.
[deleted]

Posted: 2018-06-11 20:57
morse for Linux can do that.

http://code.tools/man/1/morseLinux/

Check the -t option:

-t

Type along with the morse, but don't see what you're typing (unless you make a mistake). You are allowed to get ahead as much as you want. If you get too far behind it will stop and resync with you. You can force it to resync at the next word end by hitting control-H. Hit ESC to see how you are doing, control-D to end. (The rightmost space in the printout marks where the average is. Farther left spaces separate off blocks of letters that are about twice as probable as the average to occur, three times, etc.)

-T

Like -t but see your characters (after they are played).

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.