Polski Português
Română Русский
සිංහල Slovenščina
Srpski Svenska
ภาษาไทย Türkçe
Українська 简体中文

Who is online? (15)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: LCWO - 10 years!

Back to the Forum

AuthorText
Administrator

Posted: 2018-05-23 17:34
Ten years ago today, on May 23rd 2008, LCWO.net went online!

96000 users and 4.7 million training attempts later, the site is still busy with users from around the world, almost around the clock. This makes me incredibly happy because as someone who loves Morse code, this is my little contribution for the preservation of this unique skill.

On the technical side, there are very few things that changed on the site over the last 10 years, and now it's about time to get some work done. It will not show too much on the frontend at first, since my plan is to refactor and rewrite things "from the inside" (complete rewrites are often complete failures, too :-)... I'll keep you posted about the progress.

As many users probably noticed, the new European GDPR laws also affects this site, although only tangentially: I have always kept the collected data to a minimum and never used any third party resources, nevertheless it is now necessary to explicitly write all that down, which resulted in the Privacy Policy which is linked from the footer of every page here on LCWO.

For the next 10 years I hope that the platform will continue to attract so much interest and be helpful for everyone learning the beautiful art of Morse Code.

Fabian, DJ1YFK

Posted: 2018-05-23 20:46
Congratulations, Fabian! And, thank you for all you have done for the CW community. I look forward to experiencing all that you have planned as LCWO.net continues to evolve. Here is to another 10 years!

73 de N2OW

Posted: 2018-05-24 11:18
Congratulations from me also Fabian! This is a great achievement for a wonderful site. Thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to learn and progress in "the beautiful art of Morse Code" and may many more newcomers enjoy the same benefits and support as I have for many years to come.

Posted: 2018-05-24 13:55
Congratulations from me too Fabian.

LCWO.net is a fantastic resource which has helped myself, and others, to progress so much in the fine art of Morse Code.

The time, effort and finances you put into producing and maintaining this wonderful site are much appreciated.

Posted: 2018-05-26 11:48
Congratulations! This is, by far, the best instrument for learning Morse Code and I have found it incredibly helpful (all the more so with the very poor transmission conditions during the approaching solar minimum!)

Posted: 2018-05-26 22:12
Congratulations Fabian!!

Posted: 2018-05-29 14:14
Congratulations Fabian!!!
Just "the beautiful art of Morse Code".

Posted: 2018-06-09 22:21
Congratulations and thanks for teaching so many of us morse code. Please keep up the good work, looking forward to the next 10 years!

Posted: 2018-06-11 11:11
Thank you Fabian, I often recommend this site to people who want to learn Morse code, it is the best I have found and costs us nothing at all. May it go on for many more years.

Posted: 2018-06-18 18:26
Thank you so much for this wonderful site! Congratulations too! I love the versatility to try things so many different ways; and the forum is extremely helpful. Thanks again.

Posted: 2018-06-22 01:14
Fabian, Thank you very much for creating LCWO.net. Have tried to learn Morse code twice before with no success. Your site made all the difference. Now I can copy the ARRL Code Archive 10 wpm recording easily. Working on 13 wpm now and find myself back at LCWO.net to get some more practice.

Jonathan kc3kbe

Posted: 2018-06-23 22:35
This helped me to complete my CW exam (yes, you have to complete this in hungary to use the code in the ether) and it's still helping me in improving my speed.

Posted: 2018-07-10 19:19
Fabian, this has been a WONDERFUL tool for learning morse code! Thank you for all you work!

Posted: 2018-07-17 15:08
Fabian,

I am thoroughly enjoying this website. I had almost given up on learning morse code, let alone at 20 wpm before I found this site! Looking forward to many more years learning with all of you.

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.

$Id: forum.php 62 2015-01-12 17:34:44Z fabian $