Polski Português
Română Русский
සිංහල Slovenščina
Srpski Svenska
ภาษาไทย Türkçe
Українська 简体中文

Who is online? (19)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: The handwriting, any style to make it more easy?

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2018-05-22 17:38
I'm just making my way trough the lessons and do it by hand writing since my keyboard efficiency is not that fast...yet.
I se that I probably could rise my receiving speed a bit if I had a way to write the letters so that my hand could finish the writing in one sweep.
Is there any given useful guide to this "out there"? I try to find my own way but if there is tips and tricks I'm all ears!

/Charles.

Posted: 2018-05-23 05:51
I tried writing PalmPilot grafitti on paper for a while. :
https://designobserver.com/feature/interface-runes/35108

But I found writing on paper too hard to check! You know they say if you can copy faster than you can write, you should learn head copying! That wont help you here ... maybe voice recognition?

Posted: 2018-05-23 11:52
I'd have to say that voice recognition can be/is an uphill battle, as i'm actual trying that currently since when i miss punch on the keyboard it tends to give me a set back. But if you do voice recognition at least with windows built in (7,8,8.1, and 10) you need to practice a bit with it, and also it doesn't like to interface with the text boxes, so use notepad or word then just copy it over. If you choose to go this route.

Posted: 2018-05-26 00:58
Charles,

the trick is to write behind what you hear. Once you have a small time buffer between hearing and writing it is much easier to write.

Give it a try.

GL

Gerd.

Posted: 2018-05-30 04:43
Gerd, so you write while you are listening to the next letter?(on purpose?) I find myself doing that out of necessity, but it usually ends in disaster when the milliseconds add up to 2-3 letters behind. Sometimes though I quickly type 3 letters inbetween "words." So maybe this is valuable skill to develope? I've been trying to develop the opposite skill of leaving a blank if I can't copy immediately. But I can see future benefit of buffering for head copy of entire words. Unfortunately my practice "words" look like this currently: 7T?Q/ not the easiest thing to buffer!

Posted: 2018-06-01 17:52
Mel,
try to write several letters behind. As everything this needs training.
The idea is to do this on purpose, not try to catch up. Gives you some time to think before writing down.

Give it a try, many do write behind.

Good luck and enjoy

Gerd.

Posted: 2018-06-02 01:50
Thanks Gerd,
I remember when 8 characters seemed the max my brain could process...and now I am comfortable with 40. So I will experiment. It will be so great to say goodbye to keyboard/pencil and head copy eventually!

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.

$Id: forum.php 62 2015-01-12 17:34:44Z fabian $