Polski Português
Română Русский
සිංහල Slovenščina
Srpski Svenska
ภาษาไทย Türkçe
Українська 简体中文

Who is online? (14)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: Learning helping

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2018-04-28 10:00
Hi
I'm having problems getting past about 18wpm due to not being able to write down the code fast enough. I don't type, just wondering how others have managed.
Thanks
Gavin

Posted: 2018-04-28 21:01
Hi Gavin, Try writing longhand as capitals take longer to write. When you get a little more practiced you will find head reading a lot easier. When I started I used to write everything down but these days I just make a few notes Call, report, name, and the rest I just listen to it, it is much less work to do,
Good Luck, Rich G4FAD..

Posted: 2018-04-29 02:29
Thanks Rich, practice and more practice I guess.
Gavin.

Posted: 2018-04-30 03:08
For some it comes easy, for others they have to work for it. I am in the last one. It has taken over a year of daily practice to go from nothing to a basic head-copy proficiency. I can now copy many common words as entire word "sounds", not individual letters. Each month, it gets a little easier. Are you able to copy 18wpm full speed?

I used rufzxp to break my hand-copy habit. I set the program to send just 2 letter combos for 3 minutes, as fast as I could go (25 wpm). I wouldn't type anything in until it was in my head first. Once I felt competent, I increased it to 3 letters, then 4, then 5. This allowed me to increase my "working" CW memory, and opened up the ability to learn words.

Posted: 2018-04-30 10:01
Ryans - this is interesting and very helpful for me also. Thank you for posting.

Posted: 2018-05-01 18:32
Ryans, thanks for the advice, I'll have a look at rufzxp.
Gavin

Posted: 2018-05-02 18:03
ryans:
I used rufzxp to break my hand-copy habit. I set the program to send just 2 letter combos for 3 minutes, as fast as I could go (25 wpm).

I would like to try this. I have used rufzxp, but can't find how to set it to just 2 letter combos. Thanks

Posted: 2018-05-03 03:21
hope:
I would like to try this. I have used rufzxp, but can't find how to set it to just 2 letter combos. Thanks

1) Set Mode -> Trainer (must be set first)
2) Go to Mode -> Settings
3) Select "Trainer Mode" to Letters.
4) Set group length to fixed, set at 2.
5) Set number of groups per attempt to 999.
6) Enable timer, and set to desired time (3 minutes is good).
7) Set speed to fixed.

Start a training session. Work the groups. If it is too hard to get, slow down the speed until you get it. Move to 3, 4, then 5 letters. You can also try alternating the speed if you wish. Just change it up so you don't get bored. You can also use the scoreboard to track your progress with those particular settings, but it does not work very well. You have to clear the scoreboard each time you make changes or you will get inconsistent results.

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.

$Id: forum.php 62 2015-01-12 17:34:44Z fabian $