Polski Português
Română Русский
සිංහල Slovenščina
Srpski Svenska
ภาษาไทย Türkçe
Українська 简体中文

Who is online? (9)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: Keyboard entry

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2018-01-27 10:04
When I am decoding I write it down but been told I should be doing it on the keyboard? I cannot find that facility to type to a screen & see what I have missed. Any help appreciated 73 Phil G0BVD UK

Posted: 2018-01-27 13:09
Found it :-) it is the Morse machine which is great fun. I was looking at the MP3 lessons. I am onto lesson 20 73 Phil G0BVD UK

Posted: 2018-01-27 19:31
With Morse Machine, you hear ONE character and you have to reply, by typing it in. AFTER that you got another character.

That limits your speed to your reaction time

Normally people that decode Morse code are pipelining, that means that your typing or writing is somewhat, at least a few characters, later than the decoding proces in your brain.

To get a usable speed of 12 till 15 wpm, Morse Machine does not work. It is only OK for learning characters.

So be carefull to use it, it does not train your pipelining which is essential in decoding Morse code at usual speed.

Posted: 2018-01-29 10:39
Thanks for the tip 73 Phil

Posted: 2018-03-08 19:04
I can not type fast so I cant fill in box to get marked 73

Posted: 2018-03-08 19:52
write it down, and one out of 5 or 10 exercises type your writing over, in order to get feed back.

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.

$Id: forum.php 62 2015-01-12 17:34:44Z fabian $