Português Română
Русский සිංහල
Slovenščina Srpski
Svenska ภาษาไทย
Türkçe Українська
简体中文
Who is online? (18)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: what is the best way to copy

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2018-01-12 18:10
I am progressing through the lessons and have a question - 20 wpm and low farnsworth I can copy by typing-faster than that I fall behind-what is the best way if you are not a touch typer - I suspect by writing down I could do better and even just listening and saying the letter out loud is good but then it screws up the results on screen

Posted: 2018-01-13 01:12
mistymaggie:
I am progressing through the lessons and have a question - 20 wpm and low farnsworth I can copy by typing-faster than that I fall behind-what is the best way if you are not a touch typer - I suspect by writing down I could do better and even just listening and saying the letter out loud is good but then it screws up the results on screen

YMMV

but

in my view there is a difference between learning to copy and testing your speed.

Also learning to copy in your head in realtime is likely the way you would want to go given a choice ???

Try "download/generate some mp3 morse files and listn via your phone or a cheap player"

You can test yourself every so often . . .

cb

Posted: 2018-01-13 16:01
Thanks Chris, I have been using this site https://morse.camp/ on my Galaxy-It is not an app you go right to the site--works well - I have aligned myself to use LCWO by writing down the lessons on paper and then entering them on the test space to check my accuracy-additional step but it beats typing for me right now--73

Posted: 2018-01-15 16:24
Read old messages on this forum. There is a hidden treasure of information burried .

When you copy Morse code you normally do not have a typewriter or a computer available.

Write down what you copy and one out of 10 or 20 exercises type your copy over in your computer in order to get a grading above or below 90 percent.

DO NOT EXERCISE MORSECODE BY TYPING IT OUT. ESPECIALLY NOT RANDOM CODE GROUPS BECAUSE YOU WILL END UP AS AN INTERCEPT TELEGRAPHER ABLE TO CHAT WHILE COPYING EFFORTLESS BUT UNABLE TO UNDERSTAND WHAT HE COPIED.

Use pen and paper and one out of 10 exercises type them over on your keyboard.

Posted: 2018-01-17 17:06
[quote=ldeletedl]Read old messages on this forum. There is a hidden treasure of information burried .

When you copy Morse code you normally do not have a typewriter or a computer available.

Write down what you copy and one out of 10 or 20 exercises type your copy over in your computer in order to get a grading above or below 90 percent.

DO NOT EXERCISE MORSECODE BY TYPING IT OUT. ESPECIALLY NOT RANDOM CODE GROUPS BECAUSE YOU WILL END UP AS AN INTERCEPT TELEGRAPHER ABLE TO CHAT WHILE COPYING EFFORTLESS BUT UNABLE TO UNDERSTAND WHAT HE COPIED.

Use pen and paper and one out of 10 exercises type them over on your keyboard.

Thanks ldeletedl - chairphone,
Best answer I have seen - appreciate that and puts my mind at ease knowing that I am on track---73

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.