Polski Português
Română Русский
සිංහල Slovenščina
Srpski Svenska
ภาษาไทย Türkçe
Українська 简体中文

Who is online? (20)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: invalid source

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2017-09-22 20:45
I get this when I try to run lesson 9 and it wont play sound

never happened before

any ideas folks

Iain

Posted: 2017-09-24 13:41
Right now you are registered being busy at lesson 11.

Did you find out the reason of the mentioned problem? Was it only lesson 9, (not 8 or 10 or any lower lesson that was previously OK) was it present in other exercise opportunities like words. callsign, text, convert text to CW, and so on?

Did logging in and out help, or even logging out and resetting your computer and again logging in, help?

Same problem when you logged in as userID test password test ?

Please keep us informed. and advice us when your problem is solved in order to prevent abuse of other members time ongoing used to think about your mentioned problem.

Ask a friend or watch the forum, and the list of active users. look them up. when they are busy with lesson n [1,10] you may know the problem is at your side; or use another computer or another browser in your computer to try out.

All those suggestions are ways and a method to isolate your problem in a really faster way than asking in a forum, I suppose so.

Posted: 2017-09-26 20:56
[quote=brushupCW]Right now you are registered being busy at lesson 11.

Did you find out the reason of the mentioned problem? Was it only lesson 9, (not 8 or 10 or any lower lesson that was previously OK) was it present in other exercise opportunities like words. callsign, text, convert text to CW, and so on?

Did logging in and out help, or even logging out and resetting your computer and again logging in, help?

Same problem when you logged in as userID test password test ?

Please keep us informed. and advice us when your problem is solved in order to prevent abuse of other members time ongoing used to think about your mentioned problem.

Ask a friend or watch the forum, and the list of active users. look them up. when they are busy with lesson n [1,10] you may know the problem is at your side; or use another computer or another browser in your computer to try out.

All those suggestions are ways and a method to isolate your problem in a really faster way than asking in a forum, I suppose so.

[/quote]

Had the same problem. Now I know, cheers.

Posted: 2017-10-01 22:15
Yeah

The reason for this was I changed from using a laptop to an iPhone

Theirs an option in settings to html. Whatever that is

Buy it solved the problem

Many thanx for reply

👍👍👍

Posted: 2017-10-13 22:13
I started getting this error yesterday. Doesn't matter what lesson or player I use. It only happens in the Word sessions. Any reason for this?

Posted: 2017-10-18 04:29
Still has not been solved for me. I have not change the computer or any settings when it started. I have also tried every player and get the same issue but only in word training,

Posted: 2017-10-18 10:57
KH6OWL As far as I understand there are two methods used on this website to generate morse code.
1. with by lcwo transmitted mp3 files in codegroups, Koch lessons, and text files.
QTC files possibly also

2, Another method that is browser dependent.
for NOT ONLY words but also callsigns

I thought you have automatic updating of software enabled, and the last update did the harm. May be restore to a previous point helps.

so as answered in thread "No Sound on Some Speed Training " in this forum; USE ANOTHER BROWSER is easiest solution for the time being.

Exercise in the meantime with lessons, they work, your exercise effort is much lower than 10 to 15 exercises of one minute each day. Use 15/3 when over 90% correct in lesson 11, give 15/4 or even 15/5 a try in lesson 11.

--------------------------------------------
More data that may be helpful for DJ1YFK :
When I go to WORDS in Internet Explorer I get
Invalid Source. (Also in Call sign and with QTC that msg only before starting the first record.
This in an old Internet Explorer without automatic MS updates.

When I copy the in Internet Explorer downloaded page file with the word test, I can play that page in Firefox. It turns out some things are incompatible in lay-out but the wordtest works.

When I disconnect Internet, the tests works but with no sound, obviously every word present in a piece of encrypted text of the html file is sent to LCWO and the sound is sent back to me. May be that is done for building statistics at LCWO, no idea.

Conclusion MAY be, that when some of the players work on code training, lessons and text training, it has no sense to try another player on Words and Calsign training. The handling of the sound is different.

My Internet Explorer has NO automatic updating by Microsoft, So I suppose that the Webmaster has tinkered something and introduced a bug at least on Internet Explorer (not on Firefox)

Administrator

Posted: 2017-10-19 07:32
Hi all.

I could reproduce a problem with Word and Callsign training with Internet Explorer, which I think should be fixed now (tested both with the HTML5 player and Flash).

I will soon dump the Flash player, or at least make HTML5 the default, because it is now supported by all major browsers.

Fabian

Posted: 2017-10-20 01:21
Well I don't get the invalid source anymore but now I don't have any sound and it is only in Word training. I have tried Firefox and internet explorer 10. Same in both.

Posted: 2017-10-20 10:18
you have to click with your mouse on the"OK" button in order to start the word-test sequence.

Pressing "Enter" on your keyboard also works.

Posted: 2017-10-21 08:06
I do know to do that. It plays but does not provide any sound. Only on word lessons.

Posted: 2017-10-21 10:38
There are no word lessons.
Probably you mean word training.

Try callsign training, does that play also without sound?

If so try another browser.
Try to login under userID test password test.
Try another computer
If everything fails write to fabian@fkurz.net

Posted: 2017-10-21 10:59
There are no word lessons.
Probably you mean word training.

Try callsign training, does that play also without sound?

If so try another browser.
Try to login under userID test password test.
Try another computer
If everything fails write to fabian@fkurz.net

Post awaiting moderator approval.

Possibly a bug in LCWO: When I log in as test I see in the forum a msg copied here above, placed by test login, It is not visible when I login under own account

Lea

Posted: 2017-10-21 19:06
Hi, long time no see hr
Administrator

Posted: 2017-10-21 20:52
Darren, can you please try (in Firefox) to open LCWO in a "Private Tab", just to be sure there's not any setting in your browser in particular that causes this behaviour (File -> New Private Window)?

Could you also try if you get the sound to play on https://preview.lcwo.net/?

Fabian

Posted: 2017-10-22 09:48
I closed all my browsers, Cleared all cookies, turn the computer off and rebooted and log off using Firefox and it works. Don't know what fixed it but it is working as of last night. Yes I meant Word Training.

Thanks to everyone.
Administrator

Posted: 2017-10-22 10:12
Great - enjoy!

Fabian

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.

$Id: forum.php 62 2015-01-12 17:34:44Z fabian $