Português Română
Русский සිංහල
Slovenščina Srpski
Svenska ภาษาไทย
Türkçe Українська
简体中文
Who is online? (20)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: fabian

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2017-07-14 22:03
when I tried to link something that I typed in convert cw to text..it comes out as an html file not a mp3 file any suggestions? the reason I care is because I want to be able to copy it offline with my mp3 player or on my phone. HTML's won't play from a disk, that I know of.

Posted: 2017-07-14 22:12
What OS and browser are you using?
Are you clicking on the down arrow link to download it?
Might also be related to the CW player you have configured.
I just tried it and it worked for me using Google Chrome

Posted: 2017-07-15 04:27
WIN 8.1 INTERNET EXPLORER. IF I TRY TO SAVE IT, IT DOES NOT GIVE ME THE OPTION OF SAVING IT AS AN MP3 FILE...JUST HTML OR ALL FILES??? HAVN'T TRIED CROME SO MAYBE THAT WILL WORK. Sorry abt the caps..sometimes I forget (actually a lot..lol)
ps. when I click on link to mp3 file all I get is a big screen with volume/pause/etc in the middle, and what i converted plays???

Posted: 2017-07-15 10:44
I don't use that browser, but may I suggest to check
the software adjustments of the browser? Associations and the like.

Posted: 2017-07-15 23:00
KN4BTA:
when I tried to link something that I typed in convert cw to text..it comes out as an html file not a mp3 file any suggestions? the reason I care is because I want to be able to copy it offline with my mp3 player or on my phone. HTML's won't play from a disk, that I know of.

This is what "link to mps file" produces on my browser

http://cgi3.lcwo.net/cgi-bin/cw.mp3?s=25&e=5&f=800&t=LCWO

. . . which cgi gererates an mp3 file on the fly
. . . which the browser tries to play using its mp3 ( or whatever ) plugin if it has one . . .
. . . which plugin also gives me an option to download the mp3

This is the same for chromium, firefox and opera browsers.

If I right click on the "Link to mp3 file" link and select :-

"Save Link as" or "Save linked file as" . .

I get a download of cw.mp3

so

What exactly are you doing Bob ????

Posted: 2017-07-16 03:20
chris you ain't going to believe this. I am trying to kill two birds with one stone. I am studying for my Amateur Extra exam, and learning code at the same time..So it just popped into my head..what if I would send the questions I was having trouble with in CW. I know it sounds crazy, but it could work!!! if nothing else I would be going over the question and answer several times...there are 50 test question, but as far as I can tell about a million different questions they can choose from (exaguration), if you get my meaning. Right click on link to mp3, then save link file as...thanks chris. Computers are not my strong suite as you can tell...lol. Besides I have nothing else to do while waiting for my hf radio to arrive in the mail from my repair guy in Georga. It went nuts and would not transmit on ssb.....Bob

Posted: 2017-07-16 05:13
KN4BTA:
chris you ain't going to believe this. I am trying to kill two birds with one stone. I am studying for my Amateur Extra exam, and learning code at the same time

Sure I believe you . . .

Different subjects - different aches and pains - a change is as good as a rest . . . or better

KN4BTA:
It went nuts and would not transmit on ssb.....Bob

I did that too . . . oh, you said "radio" . . .

Good luck with it all anyway ( i.e. no headaches etc on the day, cos prep passes test, right ?? )

enjoy . . .

cb

Posted: 2017-07-17 03:36
Vry correct, i never understood why people take tests that they have never studied for even a second. Guess they just needed something to do that day..lol

Posted: 2017-07-17 16:09
KN4BTA:
Vry correct, i never understood why people take tests that they have never studied for even a second. Guess they just needed something to do that day..lol

I can explain you:
I submitted for extra. not being a ham or whatever. Hardly interested.
But I have a Ph.D degree in elec engineering.
So I just showed up. missed every question about regulations buy every other question was OK, so I
became ham.

In earlier days Morse code was required, I should have failed.

Posted: 2017-07-17 18:28
GOOD FOR YOU....TEST

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.