Українська 简体中文

Who is online? (20)

Discussion forum for user group: SDDXC

Thread: Weekly Status

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2017-04-17 01:48
Hi Eric,
Practiced most days several sessions. Still practicing 30wpm character speed with 8wpm effective speed word groups with random group sizes. Most times, got over 90% accuracy. Many of my errors are typing errors.
On one session, scored 100% for the first time. Got over confident and tried word group at 30 wpm starting. Did not do very well then. Still lots of work to do.
Lou

Posted: 2017-04-25 01:20
Hi Eric,
Continued practicing word groups. Getting the special characters a bit better now. Just today increased my speed to 30wpm/10wpm. Not much difference in accuracy, but had to rush typing a bit.
I do not have an HF rig in San Diego. Have one in NM. I do have a small receiver that I could copy cw on if signals are strong.
See you at the DX Club meeting on Wednesday.
Lou

Posted: 2017-04-25 07:02
Thanks to those that have replied and posted here. I will be in touch after I've gotten all of the other replies (hopefully by tomorrow).

Posted: 2017-04-30 02:10
Lots of practice at 32/10. Random word group length still hard. Most errors are typing or in bunches. Usually errors start by missing special character. Have learn to bypass a character rather than trying to catch up.
Saw a article in this months QST about coping words to speed up copy. (Wouldn't help much for my code groups but would help in real life.) Want to see if Word Training on this site would allow input of common on air words.
Lou

Posted: 2017-05-13 20:38
In NM and still practicing at 32/10. Error rate much the same (5%)but most of the errors are keyboard entry errors. Plan to try some call sign and word training in prep for field day operation.

Posted: 2017-05-27 00:00
Upped character speed to 34/10. Sight increase in error rate. Doing more call sign training. May try field day in San Diego (vice NM) where I need to be a better operator. May have to take night shift to get a chance at current rate of improvement!

Posted: 2017-07-15 22:17
Hi Eric,
Been in NM for several weeks. Have not been on practice site but have been using my cw skills. I was principle operator for cw at the local ham club for field. Also operated from my home in Alto, NM mostly cw and participated in whatever contests we active on the weekends. So developed my sending skills at least in a contest environment.
Hope to get back to using this site to continue to improve my code speed.
Lou

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.

$Id: forum.php 62 2015-01-12 17:34:44Z fabian $